Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
-
Doug Armand

- Posts: 1038
- Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 5:49 pm
- Location: London UK
Post
by Doug Armand » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:32 pm
Actually Dougal some of the external material problems I am having are probably due to my inexperience with Blender 2.5x. I keep finding things that I'd missed before or they are in different places.
I've tried out some different external materials and they seem to be working.
Could do with a manual for all of this I guess?
Part of my problem seems to be that with every major Blendigo update alot of things change which is creating major legacy problems for me when I try and re-render old blender files. Gets a bit tiring having to re-assign materials, etc but thats progress I guess
Doug
Doug Armand
-
dougal2

- Posts: 2532
- Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:17 am
- Location: South London
Post
by dougal2 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:54 pm
Doug Armand wrote:Part of my problem seems to be that with every major Blendigo update alot of things change which is creating major legacy problems for me when I try and re-render old blender files. Gets a bit tiring having to re-assign materials, etc but thats progress I guess
You're right that there have been major changes from time to time, however development of this exporter is now shifting towards fixing bugs and properly supporting more blender features. I don't expect there to be many more (if any) fundamental UI or behavioural changes in the exporter.
-
Doug Armand

- Posts: 1038
- Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 5:49 pm
- Location: London UK
Post
by Doug Armand » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:36 am
Good to hear Dougal. Overall I am really liking Blender 2.5 and now that I'm slowly getting used to the new Blendigo interface I am starting to appreciate the effort you have put into it. It is better - just new

Doug
Doug Armand
-
Jambert

- Posts: 545
- Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:08 pm
- Location: France, Lyon
Post
by Jambert » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:41 am
Code: Select all
__init__.py", line 143, in render
).set_report(self.report).execute(context)
AttributeError: 'RENDERENGINE_indigo' object has no attribute 'report'
Hi,
I just tried new exporter with a default blender scene, cube + sun + camera.
I can't render, I tried to change manualy path to indigo, doesn't work. Don't know more.
thx
edit1: sorry, i didn't updated blender to 2.59
Works fine now
Last edited by
Jambert on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-
Headroom

- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:07 pm
- Location: Spartanburg, SC, USA
-
Contact:
Post
by Headroom » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:04 am
When appending some objects into another blender file I noticed that the light layers associated with the emitters in the appended objects were preserved, yet did not show up in the light layer list of the blender file they were imported into.
I am not sure that gibberish was understandable so here is an example.
I have a sun/sky lit room, so there is a DEFAULT lightlayer.
I append some objects with emitters that have light layers associated with them in the originating Blender file named LED.1 and LED.1.
the emitters are appended with all indigo material settings, including the association with the light layer from the original blender file.
However I only see the DEFAULT light layer and have to manually create the other two. It would be nice if Blendigo upon appending/linking would provide a option to add these light layers to the original light layer list.
Another nice comfort function would be an option to merge specific light layers. Say you already have LED_1 and LED_2 in you file and then the appended/linked objects come with LED.1 and LED.2. It would be nice if you could merge those two meaning that the emitters on those light layers would be reassigned.
-
Doug Armand

- Posts: 1038
- Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 5:49 pm
- Location: London UK
Post
by Doug Armand » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:51 am
I know your aware of this Dougal but using a subdivide or multi-resolution modifier will often result in a hard fail of Blender when trying to export to Indigo.
Blender 2.59 x64, Blendigo 3.0.4.1, Indigo 3.0.10
Doug
Doug Armand
-
Headroom

- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:07 pm
- Location: Spartanburg, SC, USA
-
Contact:
Post
by Headroom » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:34 am
I don't think this is related to multiresolution or subdivision modifiers only. Actually this is quite elusive. Also it does not happen on my iMac at all but only only on my WinXP machine at work.
-
dougal2

- Posts: 2532
- Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:17 am
- Location: South London
Post
by dougal2 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:06 am
I have a fix, it will be released very soon

-
Doug Armand

- Posts: 1038
- Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 5:49 pm
- Location: London UK
Post
by Doug Armand » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:58 am
Well I seem to have hit another potential bug with Blender 2.59. UV mapping seems really screwed up. Same objects works fine in other renderers incl Blender 2.4x but the UV mapping renders out wierd on my 2.59. Anyone else having these issues?
Doug
Doug Armand
-
dougal2

- Posts: 2532
- Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:17 am
- Location: South London
Post
by dougal2 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:05 am
Doug Armand wrote:Well I seem to have hit another potential bug with Blender 2.59. UV mapping seems really screwed up. Same objects works fine in other renderers incl Blender 2.4x but the UV mapping renders out wierd on my 2.59. Anyone else having these issues?
If the model contains triangle faces, then yeah, I know about it and it's related to the other hard crash.
The fixed exporter is ready to go, I'm just waiting for the nod from Glare.
-
Doug Armand

- Posts: 1038
- Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 5:49 pm
- Location: London UK
Post
by Doug Armand » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:07 am
dougal2 wrote:Doug Armand wrote:Well I seem to have hit another potential bug with Blender 2.59. UV mapping seems really screwed up. Same objects works fine in other renderers incl Blender 2.4x but the UV mapping renders out wierd on my 2.59. Anyone else having these issues?
If the model contains triangle faces, then yeah, I know about it and it's related to the other hard crash.
The fixed exporter is ready to go, I'm just waiting for the nod from Glare.
The mapping problem is with Blender not Blendigo - as rendering with Blenders own renderer gives me the same problem
Doug
Doug Armand
-
dougal2

- Posts: 2532
- Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:17 am
- Location: South London
Post
by dougal2 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:16 am
oh

-
Doug Armand

- Posts: 1038
- Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 5:49 pm
- Location: London UK
Post
by Doug Armand » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:31 am
I know this isn't a Blendigo problem but am posting this here in this forum because
a: it might save anyone from pulling there hair like me trying to work it out and
b: the clever bods here may know what is going on and can offer a fix
OK here is how the UV problem is manifesting itself for me:
Exact same Blender file was used for both renders.
Doug
Doug Armand
-
Polinalkrimizei
- Posts: 649
- Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 6:59 am
Post
by Polinalkrimizei » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:08 am
Hey Doug, I am having the same problem, and it seems to be related with the "smooth" option in blender. Objects that are set smooth are completely messing up the uv layout, but if you set them flat it works. Can you confirm that?
-
Doug Armand

- Posts: 1038
- Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 5:49 pm
- Location: London UK
Post
by Doug Armand » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:31 am
Polinalkrimizei wrote:Hey Doug, I am having the same problem, and it seems to be related with the "smooth" option in blender. Objects that are set smooth are completely messing up the uv layout, but if you set them flat it works. Can you confirm that?
Yep I can confirm that. Using flat shading renders UV's as expected. Hmmm back to 2.4 till its fixed I guess?

Doug
Doug Armand