Indigo vs Maxwell
Indigo vs Maxwell
Which render is faster?
Re: Indigo vs Maxwell
[quote="motorsep"]Which render is faster?[/quote]
Maxwell. But for $1000 and a team of programmers it should be. Indigo is much more flexible because it is free. I can put indigo on every computer I have and set it to rendering. If I had enough computers it would be faster than the Maxwell.
Indigo still has feature areas that are far behind maxwell. I had been very seriusly considering useing Indigo in my rendering work but had a client purchase Maxwell for me.
Maxwell. But for $1000 and a team of programmers it should be. Indigo is much more flexible because it is free. I can put indigo on every computer I have and set it to rendering. If I had enough computers it would be faster than the Maxwell.
Indigo still has feature areas that are far behind maxwell. I had been very seriusly considering useing Indigo in my rendering work but had a client purchase Maxwell for me.
- Kosmokrator
- Posts: 1141
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:52 am
- Location: Greece-Athens
im maxwell user and i think indigo may be faster on some situations..believe me....indigo on interior scenes are much muuch more fast than maxwell.......indigo is a diamond of computer programming i think...total minimalisic and powerfull!future releases i think make it more and more usefull and flexible than many commercial rendering engines (
)
1)Core i7 965XE stock CLOCK ,PSU:CHIEFTEC 850W
M/B ASUS P6T DELUXE,WATERCOOLING ZALMAN RESERATOR 2
MEMORY:6GB CORRSAIR @1600,Ati HD 4870x2,
MONITOR:LG 1950SQ,CASE:THERMALTAKE SOPRANO
M/B ASUS P6T DELUXE,WATERCOOLING ZALMAN RESERATOR 2
MEMORY:6GB CORRSAIR @1600,Ati HD 4870x2,
MONITOR:LG 1950SQ,CASE:THERMALTAKE SOPRANO
hmm.. On my poor PC any render is slow (except Blender's internal
)
I was wondering about rendering time when people use Indigo or Maxwell for interior scenes for day light simulation (a room lit only through a window). I tried to render my interior scene with Indigo and even after 24 hrs of rendering it was still noisey
(but it looked realistic though).
I was wondering about rendering time when people use Indigo or Maxwell for interior scenes for day light simulation (a room lit only through a window). I tried to render my interior scene with Indigo and even after 24 hrs of rendering it was still noisey
- Kosmokrator
- Posts: 1141
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:52 am
- Location: Greece-Athens
hmmm well my interiors clean up with 2-3 hours of rendering....with 5 hours is totaly clean in indigo....soon i will post an interior scene i cook in indigo this days....its too clean and nice!!!indigo rules....commercian renderers sucks!!!

1)Core i7 965XE stock CLOCK ,PSU:CHIEFTEC 850W
M/B ASUS P6T DELUXE,WATERCOOLING ZALMAN RESERATOR 2
MEMORY:6GB CORRSAIR @1600,Ati HD 4870x2,
MONITOR:LG 1950SQ,CASE:THERMALTAKE SOPRANO
M/B ASUS P6T DELUXE,WATERCOOLING ZALMAN RESERATOR 2
MEMORY:6GB CORRSAIR @1600,Ati HD 4870x2,
MONITOR:LG 1950SQ,CASE:THERMALTAKE SOPRANO
- Kosmokrator
- Posts: 1141
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:52 am
- Location: Greece-Athens
wow!p4 1.4ghz is the most unstable pc i have ever worked with it!my old p4 1.4 with ddr ram it crashes every hour!!!
damn intel or motherboard manufacturer or....i don know....man u need upgrade...
1)Core i7 965XE stock CLOCK ,PSU:CHIEFTEC 850W
M/B ASUS P6T DELUXE,WATERCOOLING ZALMAN RESERATOR 2
MEMORY:6GB CORRSAIR @1600,Ati HD 4870x2,
MONITOR:LG 1950SQ,CASE:THERMALTAKE SOPRANO
M/B ASUS P6T DELUXE,WATERCOOLING ZALMAN RESERATOR 2
MEMORY:6GB CORRSAIR @1600,Ati HD 4870x2,
MONITOR:LG 1950SQ,CASE:THERMALTAKE SOPRANO
some maxwellians recently discovered indigo:
http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/view ... sc&start=0
on that site is a comparison between the Indigo-rendered and maxwell-rendered "IT-department" of radiance.
Tim-Ellis used different materials/textures as you will see
Nevertheless indigo isn't the looser in this camparison,
these are both great pics, but indigo is for free and is coded by ONE man!
http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/view ... sc&start=0
on that site is a comparison between the Indigo-rendered and maxwell-rendered "IT-department" of radiance.
Tim-Ellis used different materials/textures as you will see
these are both great pics, but indigo is for free and is coded by ONE man!


