[REQ] Naming of rendered PNG's & in Render Window

Feature requests, bug reports and related discussion
Post Reply
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
User avatar
Zom-B
1st Place 100
Posts: 4701
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:18 pm
Location: ´'`\_(ò_Ó)_/´'`
Contact:

[REQ] Naming of rendered PNG's & in Render Window

Post by Zom-B » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:35 am

Hey Nic...

After working for some time with Indigo, there is a Point I would like to see someday in the future included in Indigo.

Its simply the possibility to name the PNG Output for a better overview inside the Renders Folder...
Also a Info at the Top of the Indigo rendering Screen what XML is rendered (or also the named like the output File) would be nice,
I often render more Stuff at once (dual Core), and the Scenes are often very similar to each other to pic the best result for me, at the end!
In the next morning I than often don't know what XML belongs to the both renders, and the Log is cuted too...

I Hope you get the Point.

User avatar
OnoSendai
Developer
Posts: 6244
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ
Contact:

Post by OnoSendai » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:48 am

Hey..
just start from the command line and use the -o (output) switch, e.g.:

indigo -o renders/test.png

User avatar
Zom-B
1st Place 100
Posts: 4701
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:18 pm
Location: ´'`\_(ò_Ó)_/´'`
Contact:

Post by Zom-B » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:52 am

Cool, again I learned something new :D THNX!!!

But a comfortable option inside the XML would be still usefull I think...

User avatar
OnoSendai
Developer
Posts: 6244
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ
Contact:

Post by OnoSendai » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:55 am

I generally try to only put information in the xml file that applies to the scene. In this case, the output file name is some kind of meta-attribute, that is not really a part of the scene. So I don't think it belongs in the scene xml file.
Hope that makes sense :)

User avatar
Zom-B
1st Place 100
Posts: 4701
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:18 pm
Location: ´'`\_(ò_Ó)_/´'`
Contact:

Post by Zom-B » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:59 am

Yes, this makes Sense!
Keep it clean and clear!

So Now we need meta-attributes :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Zom-B
1st Place 100
Posts: 4701
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:18 pm
Location: ´'`\_(ò_Ó)_/´'`
Contact:

Post by Zom-B » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:55 am

Hey Nic...

I tried the -o Switch, works very nice.... but:
- How can I name the saved exr Files too???
- Is it possible to add (auto) time & date to the name??? (or a counter)

Post Reply
6 posts • Page 1 of 1