2 traditional Mexico houses

Show off your final renders
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
Lal-O
2nd Place Winner
3D Software: SketchUp

2 traditional Mexico houses

Post by Lal-O » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:04 am

As title says ... I am showing 2 houses with traditional Mexican architecture style...in cloudy environment. C&C Welcome.
Regards
Attachments
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
07.jpg
06.jpg

thesquirell

Re: 2 traditional Mexico houses

Post by thesquirell » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:09 am

Oooh, I like the trees, a lot! Did you make them?

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:38 am

Xfrog my friend :wink:

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:33 pm

These ones are good, but don't work quite as great as your other Mexican house to me. If you decide you're going for a cloudy/overcast weather, you should strive more after achieving a strong feel/atmosphere to make up for the slightly uniform character of that lighting situation.

First of all the images look a bit oversaturated and have a strange magenta tint to the greys and whites. This is easily fixed using colour balance and saturation adjustments in PS.

Then there's the cozy feel you might want to add by making the environment a little cooler, and the house (particularly its windows) warmer. A kind of poor effort, and maybe this is not at all what you're after, but I think this PP attempt shows what I mean:
Attachments
01edit.jpg

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:45 pm

Oscar J wrote:These ones are good, but don't work quite as great as your other Mexican house to me. If you decide you're going for a cloudy/overcast weather, you should strive more after achieving a strong feel/atmosphere to make up for the slightly uniform character of that lighting situation.

First of all the images look a bit oversaturated and have a strange magenta tint to the greys and whites. This is easily fixed using colour balance and saturation adjustments in PS.

Then there's the cozy feel you might want to add by making the environment a little cooler, and the house (particularly its windows) warmer. A kind of poor effort, and maybe this is not at all what you're after, but I think this PP attempt shows what I mean:
Cool Post pro skills !
I totally agree with you , i wanted to do that haze and cold environmet , but i didn't know how to achieve it with PS. You made what i wanted to do :D

Respect

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:55 pm

The raw renders are actually quite good (materials etc), they just need a little post pro love, like most renders do.

It was mainly calming down the colours a bit, reducing the contrast a bit (which actually helps to add a slightly hazy feel) and adding some shoddy photoshop clouds (Render -> Clouds), using screen mode for the layer blending and brushing away the clouds from the foreground and the house that you want in focus. I shifted the colour balance of the windows towards yellow/red and shifted the rest of the image towards blue/cyan.

This could all be done with a lot more finesse of course. :)

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:58 am

Thx for the tips....I'll keep them in mind for my next renderings :D . Regards

7 posts • Page 1 of 1