Unbuilt House

Show off your final renders
Post Reply
15 posts • Page 1 of 1
User avatar
bubs
2nd Place Winner
Posts: 620
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: UK

Unbuilt House

Post by bubs » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:28 pm

Going through an old laptop last week I rediscovered a model of a house I designed about 6 or 7 years ago that unfortunately (for me) never got built. I had done a pretty good model, so thought I would take a few hours to update it with some decent new materials and render the scenes I had set up. The house was interesting to me as it was for a strange long triangular site, so I was trying to get courtyards and light wells into the design, whilst still maintaining as much privacy as I could for a house that sat right on the side of the road.

Anyway here's the shots!
Attachments
house0.jpg
house1.jpg
house2.jpg
house3.jpg
house4.jpg

User avatar
zeitmeister
2nd Place 100
Posts: 2010
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:11 am
Location: Limburg/Lahn, Germany
Contact:

Re: Unbuilt House

Post by zeitmeister » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:01 am

Nice ones!!


Cheers, zeiti
Cheers, David



DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

User avatar
bubs
2nd Place Winner
Posts: 620
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: Unbuilt House

Post by bubs » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:32 am

Thanks man. :)

User avatar
Headroom
Indigo 100
Posts: 1061
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: Spartanburg, SC, USA
Contact:

Re: Unbuilt House

Post by Headroom » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:36 pm

I'd have to agree. These are really nice. My favorite is the courtyard shot with the ivy on the wooden wall/fence


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
iMac 2.93 GHz Quad Core i7. 12 GB memory
ATI Radeon HD 5750M 1024 MB
OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite
Blender 2.72, Blendigo 3.8.25, Indigo 3.8.26

Trippy Lighting LLC - Colorful LED lighting systems
High Power RGB LED driver - Blog

User avatar
Oscar J
1st Place Winner
Posts: 2204
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
3D Software: Blender

Re: Unbuilt House

Post by Oscar J » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:16 pm

^ Agree, that one is great. :)

User avatar
afecelis
Posts: 749
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:14 am
Location: Colombia
3D Software: Blender
Contact:

Re: Unbuilt House

Post by afecelis » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:41 am

Great work. Love the environment integration. The interior shot is inspiring :D
AMD Ryzen 7 1800 @3.6ghz, 32GB ddr4 3200 mhz Ram, Nvidia RTX 3060 12GB, Win10, Blender/Sketchup/Modo/Cinema4d

User avatar
CTZn
Posts: 7240
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm
Location: Paris, France

Re: Unbuilt House

Post by CTZn » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:46 pm

Those are fine renders, nicely detailed and stuff.
obsolete asset

User avatar
Polinalkrimizei
Posts: 649
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 6:59 am

Re: Unbuilt House

Post by Polinalkrimizei » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:44 am

What an idiot whoever didn't built it! What a great concept...
But what is the function of the small building on the left? Do you have an interior shot?
Nice feeling of space in this strange geometry... I wonder how you did the second floor! Just one staircase, right?
And I really appreciate your great sense for details as a CG artist, not only your materials but sometimes also the "transitions" between to materials - top notch!

I really dig your stone-like mat from the interior shot, totally buying it. And the WATER, how did you so the WATER?!

User avatar
Oscar J
1st Place Winner
Posts: 2204
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
3D Software: Blender

Re: Unbuilt House

Post by Oscar J » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:18 am

I looked through the renders again, and realised that while the renders are pretty much perfect from a rendering point of view, there was a very slight "Roy Andersson" feel over the interior pic that I think could be reduced in post pro. Hope you don't mind having a go at it: what I did was basically desaturating the whites a bit, bringing up the mids with a simple curve and shifter the colour balance slightly away from green and towards purple.

You might completely disagree with this, it's your design after all. :)
Attachments
house4 pposcar.jpg

User avatar
bubs
2nd Place Winner
Posts: 620
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: Unbuilt House

Post by bubs » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:53 am

Oscar J wrote:I looked through the renders again, and realised that while the renders are pretty much perfect from a rendering point of view, there was a very slight "Roy Andersson" feel over the interior pic that I think could be reduced in post pro. Hope you don't mind having a go at it: what I did was basically desaturating the whites a bit, bringing up the mids with a simple curve and shifter the colour balance slightly away from green and towards purple.

You might completely disagree with this, it's your design after all.
I don't mind at all! I had actually thought ever since I posted it that the interior shot was a bit too dark and moody!
Polinalkrimizei wrote:What an idiot whoever didn't built it!
That would be me then! :lol: It was back during the financial meltdown and no bank would lend me the money... ah well! :roll: The smaller block on the left is an office / study, and yes there is just the one stair. I've shown the plans below so you can see how the second floor works.
CTZn wrote:And the WATER, how did you so the WATER?!
It is just FakeShamus' great jacuzzi mat from the database scaled down! http://www.indigorenderer.com/materials/materials/1336

Thanks again for all the comments guys!
Attachments
house.jpg

User avatar
Oscar J
1st Place Winner
Posts: 2204
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
3D Software: Blender

Re: Unbuilt House

Post by Oscar J » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:55 am

bubs wrote:
Polinalkrimizei wrote:What an idiot whoever didn't built it!
That would be me then! :lol:
:lol:

User avatar
CTZn
Posts: 7240
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm
Location: Paris, France

Re: Unbuilt House

Post by CTZn » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:15 am

bubs wrote:
CTZn wrote:And the WATER, how did you so the WATER?!
It is just FakeShamus' great jacuzzi mat from the database scaled down! http://www.indigorenderer.com/materials/materials/1336

Thanks again for all the comments guys!
edit: nvm it was polinalkrimizei asking, got it ! Did I ? No worries, I remember I found that the water was looking terrific and recognized that material you said, so I'm pretty sure I didn't write this here at least. Again no big deal !

Oscar: excellent tips to share and try out by the way, my preference goes to the most natural looking image however and that's the original version.
obsolete asset

User avatar
bubs
2nd Place Winner
Posts: 620
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: Unbuilt House

Post by bubs » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:12 pm

:lol: sorry CTZn! Didn't mean to confuse you... I just used the 'quote' function on Polinalkrimizei's message, I didn't even realise it had posted the wrong name... Ghost in the machine...

User avatar
Pibuz
1st Place 100
Posts: 2646
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:58 am
Location: Padua, Italy
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: Unbuilt House

Post by Pibuz » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:54 am

Brilliant concept! I really like the architecture!

User avatar
bubs
2nd Place Winner
Posts: 620
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: Unbuilt House

Post by bubs » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:33 pm

grazie mille

Post Reply
15 posts • Page 1 of 1