Material not rendering correctly.

Come here for help & support.
Post Reply
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
luxiius
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:42 am

Material not rendering correctly.

Post by luxiius » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:39 pm

Hello.

I'm trying to render the sofa cloth material from the DB, but my outcome is this:
Image

when it should have looked like this:

Image

What is going wrong?
I haven't changed anything in the downloaded material.

I hope you guys can give me a point in the right direction.

Thanks!
Attachments
Sofa_Cloth_fail.png

User avatar
Zom-B
1st Place 100
Posts: 4701
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:18 pm
Location: ´'`\_(ò_Ó)_/´'`
Contact:

Re: Material not rendering correctly.

Post by Zom-B » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:16 pm

you haven't done anything wrong at all :)

The creator of that material simply cheated by creating a Preview renderer that scales down by 50% and therefor tiles nicly. If you use that material inside your 3D app, then tiling will be UV controled and can be adjusted.

If you load that material into Indigo GUI you need to pick that material, click on the image in the scene tree that defines the diffuse color and raise both of the 1.0000 values in Scale/Rotation to 2.0 or higher.
polygonmanufaktur.de

User avatar
galinette
1st Place Winner
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:39 am
Location: Nantes, France
Contact:

Re: Material not rendering correctly.

Post by galinette » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:17 pm

I suppose that the author simply used smaller UV tiles when rendering the preview, so that's not a material issue, but a matter of how you define UV coordinates on the model.

Etienne
Eclat-Digital Research
http://www.eclat-digital.com

luxiius
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:42 am

Re: Material not rendering correctly.

Post by luxiius » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:17 am

Thanks for the fast replies!

I hate to ask questions that probably seems like very basic stuff to you guys, but how do you control tile size of the UV map?
I'm using Blender and all the tutorials I've found on the subject, basically only covers how to apply a texture using UV maps. Here the texture is applied within the material.

User avatar
Zom-B
1st Place 100
Posts: 4701
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:18 pm
Location: ´'`\_(ò_Ó)_/´'`
Contact:

Re: Material not rendering correctly.

Post by Zom-B » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:22 pm

luxiius wrote:how do you control tile size of the UV map?
All the magic should happen inside your 3D application, but since I'm not on Blender I can't tell....
Google to the rescue: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2 ... #Selecting
polygonmanufaktur.de

User avatar
Polinalkrimizei
Posts: 649
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 6:59 am

Re: Material not rendering correctly.

Post by Polinalkrimizei » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi luxiius, open the uv-editor while your mesh is selected, then press "a" to select everything while your mouse is inside the editor, then press "s" to scale. You'll want to scale your uv-map to be much smaller.

You can also open a normal 3D-window and set the view mode to "textured" to see the effect in real time.

luxiius
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:42 am

Re: Material not rendering correctly.

Post by luxiius » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:23 am

Got it working! Thanks for the great advice! :)

Post Reply
7 posts • Page 1 of 1