First Proper Attempt

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Phenomenological

First Proper Attempt

Post by Phenomenological » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:23 pm

As the title says, my first real attempt at rendering something properly...I know it needs a bit more cooking time for the glass, but as it's not finished yet I decided it wasn't worth it. Any comments on what to improve are most welcome. :) On that note, is it just me or does the material for the chairs/table support look wrong somehow?
9.jpg

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: First Proper Attempt

Post by Pibuz » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:15 am

Hi Phenom.

Posting here your image was totally worth it! Every test needs tips, suggestion and can make the user improve his skills, so never draw back! Moreover, I've seen much more noisy images around here: I think yours is a good compromise between a test and final image. You didn't let it cook completely as it were the final render, nor too shortly that nobody could tell anything useful from it.

I guess your modeling app is SketchUp: I tell it from the low polycount :wink:
I'm a SU user too, so don't be scared!

I think you basically need more details, then you can start working a little more with materials, which now seem to be pretty basic. Also, remember that for glass or metallic objects it doesn't hurt to leave a little gap between their base and the object they're placed on, so the calculation can be more efficient. The chairs' material doesn't seem too wrong itself: it depends on what you were trying to achieve :lol:

BTW it is a good start indeed. Keep experimenting!

2 posts • Page 1 of 1