Indigo Materials Scene Generator

A forum for exporter development discussion.
Stur

Indigo Materials Scene Generator

Post by Stur » Thu May 24, 2007 4:17 am

Hi,

As promised, here is the small prog I wrote to generate test scenes like this one : http://www2.indigorenderer.com/joomla/f ... php?t=2003

It's a very basic console application, and should run under Dot.Net Framework 2.0. It could be improved to be more user friendly, but I'm not sure it is necessary as it is just a small test application, not intended to have a long life.

It works with xml template files. I recommand to copy the "Indigo Materials Scene Generator" folder into Indigo's one, because that's how I installed it at home and the templates are configured for this. :P

There is a small manual inside the zip. I'm not very comfortable in english so don't hesitate to tell me if something is not clear.

Well, I could only test it on two computers (at home and at work), so, I'm waiting to see if it works on yours.

You must install .Net Framework 2.0, and it should be OK.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
Attachments
Indigo Materials Scene Generator.zip
Version 1.0, runs under Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0.
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 496 times

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Thu May 24, 2007 7:51 am

Vista 64bit gave:

Code: Select all

U:\render\indigo\Indigo Materials Scene Generator>"Indigo Materials Scene Generator.exe"
Reading XML configuration file ... OK.
Reading XML element file ... OK.
Reading XML scene template file and generating output file ... Error while saving the output file : Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.
EDIT: OK, it works when on my local C: drive, but not on my network U: drive

Stur

Post by Stur » Thu May 24, 2007 8:15 am

Thx for testing :)

I've just checked my Control Panel, and noticed that the installation of the .net framework created a new user : "ASP.NET Machine A...". I guess .net exe are run under this profile. If you give this user the right to write on your U: drive, maybe it will solve your problem.

edit : normally, this user is used only for asp.net applications though ... So i'm affraid my first guess is wrong. :?

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Thu May 24, 2007 10:22 pm

Hey Stur...

A very usefull gift for the community.... perfect to test 100 material settings with some few clicks!

I just wanted to confirm that you have to put the whole folder into your Indigo dir, and the imsg-outfile.igs directly into the Indigo folder otherwise the generated paths are wrong.

Thank you very much!
polygonmanufaktur.de

Stur

Post by Stur » Fri May 25, 2007 1:50 am

np ZomB, thx for feedback :)

If you want to change the directories, you have to edit the paths into imsg-scene.xml and imsg-mats.xml.
You can event get rid of imsg-mats.xml and imsg-meshes.xml if you put their content inside the imsg-scene.xml instead of the <include> tag.

Furthermore, I can give sources if someone is interested in improving something.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Fri May 25, 2007 2:01 am

I just played around with your settings for some time.

Everything very easy to understand & configure, nice job!

for me a 3x3 Matrix of some simple Objects is enough...
mostly to check bump settings blend values and other simple stuff for textures!
polygonmanufaktur.de

Stur

Post by Stur » Fri May 25, 2007 11:10 am

Cool 8) Don't forget to post your relevant tests :)

CoolColJ

Post by CoolColJ » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:55 am

does this work with v0.9 test 6?

CoolColJ

Post by CoolColJ » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:17 pm

doesn't matter....I get this error message with the test file it comes with in any version

Fatal Error: SceneLoaderExcep: failed to load XML doc from path 'G:\Renderers\INDIGO\indigo_09_test4\Indigo Materials Scene Generator\Indigo Materials Scene Generator\imsg-mats.xml': Failed to open file Line 0, column 0

Stur

Post by Stur » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:31 pm

Ooops, sorry CoolColJ, I didn't see you posted here until now. (don't hesitate to PM me in the future ;))

No, the templates files are not compatible with 0.9, so I've been requested to update them and here they are :D (Erf ! For some reasons I can't upload files to the forum from work. I will post it later from home.)

Concerning your problem, your path is wrong. You have two choices :

- Edit the imsg-scene.xml to modify the path to the mats and meshes files
- Or change your path to 'G:\Renderers\INDIGO\indigo_09_test4\Indigo Materials Scene Generator\' instead of 'G:\Renderers\INDIGO\indigo_09_test4\Indigo Materials Scene Generator\Indigo Materials Scene Generator\'

Stur

Post by Stur » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:06 am

Here are the files "v0.9 compliant" ;)
Attachments
Examples.zip
Unzip this file in the &quot;Examples&quot; directory to override existing files.
To test it, just copy the files of one of the directory in &quot;Indigo Materials Scene Generator&quot; main directory, and launch the exe.
Then copy the generated file in I
(672.56 KiB) Downloaded 392 times

Marcofly

Post by Marcofly » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:15 am

thanks a lot, Stur!! :wink:

Marco

Stur

Post by Stur » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:55 am

You're welcome ! ;)
Last edited by Stur on Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoolColJ

Post by CoolColJ » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:55 am

thanks, this is what I need!

CoolColJ

Post by CoolColJ » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:11 pm

I had to delete the "Indigo Materials Scene Generator\" from 2 entries in the imsg-scene.xml to get the path to work properly. I don't think that addition to the path is needed

--

also some error messages

WARNING: Using deprecated element 'colour'. Use 'albedo_spectrum' instead. (In element 'diffuse', around line 6, column 9)
WARNING: Using deprecated element 'colour'. Use 'albedo_spectrum' instead. (In element 'diffuse', around line 18, column 9)
trying to load texture from 'G:\Renderers\INDIGO\indigo_09_test4\Indigo Materials Scene Generator\textures\grille5cm.jpg'...
Loaded texture successfully.
WARNING: Using deprecated element 'colour'. Use 'albedo_spectrum' instead. (In element 'diffuse', around line 33, column 9)
Processing included XML file 'G:\Renderers\INDIGO\indigo_09_test4\Indigo Materials Scene Generator\imsg-meshes.xml...
1 UV coordinate set(s) found.
0 UV coordinate set(s) found.
WARNING: Using deprecated element 'diffuse'. Use 'diffuse_albedo_spectrum' instead. (In element 'phong', around line 104, column 5)
Calculating energy loss compensation curve for exponent 0.000000
(around line 130) WARNING: Overriding material definition for material 'MyMat'.
WARNING: Using deprecated element 'diffuse'. Use 'diffuse_albedo_spectrum' instead. (In element 'phong', around line 132, column 5)
Calculating energy loss compensation curve for exponent 100.000000
(around line 158) WARNING: Overriding material definition for material 'MyMat'.
WARNING: Using deprecated element 'diffuse'. Use 'diffuse_albedo_spectrum' instead. (In element 'phong', around line 160, column 5)
Calculating energy loss compensation curve for exponent 200.000000
(around line 186) WARNING: Overriding material definition for material 'MyMat'.
WARNING: Using deprecated element 'diffuse'. Use 'diffuse_albedo_spectrum' instead. (In element 'phong', around line 188, column 5)
Calculating energy loss compensation curve for exponent 300.000000
(around line 214) WARNING: Overriding material definition for material 'MyMat'.
Last edited by CoolColJ on Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

18 posts