wishlist: different camera setup for skindigo

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
kwistenbiebel

wishlist: different camera setup for skindigo

Post by kwistenbiebel » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:05 am

Hi Whaat and indigo'ers,

Would it be possible to have a different camera setup procedure for assigning viewport size and image ratio in a next release?
The current one seems to screw up my sketchup viewport (it jumps and zooms unexpectedly, banding at the sides etc,..).

I think the current setup also affects the use of other render software in combo with SU .

thanks,
kwistenbiebel

Whaat
Developer

Re: wishlist: different camera setup for skindigo

Post by Whaat » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:17 pm

kwistenbiebel wrote: Would it be possible to have a different camera setup procedure for assigning viewport size and image ratio in a next release?
The current camera setup advantages vastly outweigh the disadvantages IMO. It is difficult and maybe impossible to match the Sketchup image export output if you are trying to match an image that you made BEFORE setting up your Indigo camera settings. This is a Sketchup issue and I won't get into the details but let me just say that I don't know of any easy workaround at the moment.
However :wink: , you CAN exactly match the Sketchup image export if you set your Indigo camera settings FIRST (use the same width to height ratio as your Sketchup viewport and there will be no black bars) and then export the Sketchup image. If you are using Sketchup Pro (which I am guessing you are) it is easy to find your viewport dimensions. Just go to Sketchup export 2D graphic and click 'Use view size'. Then, enter these values in your Indigo Render settings.
SAVE your view as a new Sketchup scene (page)!! If you don't want the Indigo settings to mess up your camera settings for your other rendering programs, save the scene using a new tab. Use your other tabs for your other rendering programs.
With the official version of SkIndigo 0.7 (soon to be released), you can type in an image width of zero and your render dimensions will be automatically set to your viewport dimensions (thus removing the black bars). I'm afraid that's the best I can do... 8)

So when are we going to see some of your renders in the gallery?? :)

kwistenbiebel

Post by kwistenbiebel » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:38 am

Thanks Whaat for the guidelines.
I hope to post some indigo renderings later on.
Maybe with my new pc it doesn't eat all resources..

Cheers,
kwistenbiebel

3 posts • Page 1 of 1