UI issue, please advise

Announcements, requests and support regarding the 3DS MAX exporter
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
freelancemanga

UI issue, please advise

Post by freelancemanga » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:54 pm

Been trying out 3DSM9 for a few days now, already familliar with some of the other versions but the UI always finds a way to mock me.

In a perspective view, I am attempting to navigate using walkthrough mode (WASD keys + mouse). While I right was in the middle of a project, conflicts started happening that caused the WASD keys to exercise their standard shortcut functions repeatedly, rendering walk trough mode unusable. For example, the "D"key would disable ans re-enable the viewport constantly while at the same time panning the view to the right.

Its not hardware related (disconnected and tried other keyboards), and I've tried to do all I could in the Customize > Customize UI > Keyboard menu. I went as far as Attempting to uninstall 3DSM9, but reinstalation seems to keep whatever messed up setting are driving me nuts.

Thank you beforehand for any assistance on this, and if you have no solution, any links for how to do a COMPLETE and total uninstall of 3DSM9 would be greatly helpfull.

freelancemanga

Post by freelancemanga » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:18 am

I did find the cause of my issue; there is a new "Keyboard shortcut override Toggle" that is next to the Snaps Toggle that was accidentally clicked, causing all the mess.
Thanks anyway.

suvakas
3rd Place Winner

Post by suvakas » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:49 am

Thanks for the tip.
It's good to know.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1