Indigo as ActiveShade Renderer?

Announcements, requests and support regarding the 3DS MAX exporter
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
Sukrim

Indigo as ActiveShade Renderer?

Post by Sukrim » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:46 am

I know, I know, Indigo is far from being "realtime" and it even needs some time for initialisation, wich could be a potential problem...

...but hypothetically, wouldn't it be nice to have Indigo as an ActiveShade renderer in Max (or other software as well) like vRay + final render plan to do for example?

I guess the biggest problem would be the initialisation before each rendering process, if indigo could be somehow made aware that only a small part of the scene changed and the geometry for example doesn't have to be loaded again this might even be possible. If you could somehow even distribute this process over LAN, then at least some quick material (shader?) tests could be done in a reasonable timeframe, as the resolutions won't be _that_ high.

Ono, Suavakas what do you think? Possible somehow or just a dream because indigo isn't coded with fast reations to small changes in scenes in mind?

fishbowl

Post by fishbowl » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:56 am

There's something akin to this with LightWave as well, FPrime. It'd be interesting to see Indigo that tied in with apps, I think the closest regarding Indigo is via XSI at the moment, regarding integration.

Anyway...

+1

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by fused » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:28 am

it would be possible, but i guess not with the indigo standalone renderer.

only with an indigo integration via the commercial sdk (like its coming for xsi).

would be a nice thing, tho :)

Sukrim

Post by Sukrim » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:34 am

But with the SDK + Indigo as a pure Max renderer it would be harder to use distributed rendering and so forth, right?

Would be great if the standalone renderer could be used (or abused?) that way though...
Does anyone know how other ActiveShade renderer work? I mean how they get their data and stuff...

rgigante

Post by rgigante » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:08 am

Guess indigo->UpdateScene()?
Only one(o) knows 8)

5 posts • Page 1 of 1