Info of network render

Announcements, requests and support regarding the 3DS MAX exporter
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
filippo

Info of network render

Post by filippo » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:32 pm

the indigo folder there is shared?
as I can say to indigo to start in netwok mode?
as to install the script?

filippo

sorry for my poor language
2x Xeon quad core ghz 2.66(8 core)+4g ram+quadro fx
2 x Xeon Quad 5540 (16 core)+16GB ram+ Nvidia GTX 295 1800mb

Sukrim

Post by Sukrim » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:42 am

Puh, are you referencing my (poor) batch-script or Maxigo?

You can start Indigo in network mode by appending either -n m (only Master) -n wm (Working master, recommended I guess if you don't have a gazillion computers) or -n s (slave mode, use this on all slaves) to your Indigo starting command.

Example:
instead of
"START /B /BELOWNORMAL Indigo.exe Exported_From_Max/Untitled/Untitled-scene.igs -o renders/Untitled-frame-0000.png -halt 0 -haltspp 0"
you have
"START /B /BELOWNORMAL Indigo.exe Exported_From_Max/Untitled/Untitled-scene.igs -o renders/Untitled-frame-0000.png -halt 0 -haltspp 0 -n wm"
on your master and
"START /B /BELOWNORMAL Indigo.exe Exported_From_Max/Untitled/Untitled-scene.igs -o renders/Untitled-frame-0000.png -halt 0 -haltspp 0 -n s"
on all of your slaves. I recommend using the commandline version though on slaves, since you can't see a picture anyway and it maybe saves you a few tiny bits of RAM.

I hope next week or so we get the full code for the excellent network rendering helper program from nikolatesla20 (can be found here: http://www.indigorenderer.com/joomla/fo ... php?t=3998) and someone can improve it even further.

2 posts • Page 1 of 1