Maxigo workflow tutorial

Announcements, requests and support regarding the 3DS MAX exporter
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
jayroebuck

Maxigo workflow tutorial

Post by jayroebuck » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:33 am

Hello everyone. I have 3ds Max 2012 32bit and the demo Indigo 3.2.14 and the latest Maxigo exporter. But I have no clue how to use Maxigo. The Maxigo manual tells you what everything is but no workflow example. I am used to using Brazil, MR, and Vray - all working plugins within Max. I am not familiar at all with the exporter method.
I have tried to export scenes and open them in Indigo (which doesn't automatically open on export, even though the check mark is set to) but Indigo gives me scene errors when I manually browse to the exported files from Maxigo.
Can someone point me to a tutorial? Thank you!

tar_gniK
3D Software: 3ds Max

Re: Maxigo workflow tutorial

Post by tar_gniK » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:51 am

First of all update 3dsMax 2012 first to SP1, then to SP2. That will fix the problem regarding Maxigo not starting Indigo upon export.

Usual workflow is to use either Standard materials or use Indigo Material, Indigo Emitter or Indigo Blend. Apply them to your models etc etc.

Decide if you are going to use sun or light material (Indigo Emitter as above), or even background if needed. Once sorted, you can export.

If render turns out too dark, adjust camera settings before exporting.

Nothing more than that.

broken580

Post by broken580 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:45 pm

y just a simple trigonometry based on camera direction. Does not make much sense with renderer camera (since you can render with any camera), but for native Indigo Camera is easily implementable.
For now there might be a simple maxscript for this.

janemcready

Post by janemcready » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:20 pm

That was a great help. I was also struggling here to make my 3ds Max demo Indigo work together. I have updated the same as you said, but when updating top SP2 it said an error occured and stopped in between. Any issues?

4 posts • Page 1 of 1