Public alpha release of IndigoMax

Announcements, requests and support regarding the 3DS MAX exporter
172 posts
ENSLAVER

Re: Public alpha release of IndigoMax

Post by ENSLAVER » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:22 am

subpixel wrote:Hello all,

Thank you for your patience. I'm facing a couple of problems with interactive mode so it will need some more time. However, I could prepare a fast release with some other features, like IGS export and blend material. Any other suggestions?

Cheers,
Jake
I'm guessing exporting would be the most useful.

Stromberg

Post by Stromberg » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:20 am

dcm wrote:whole 3ds max situation is sad
Agreed, here we got one of the 3 main packages and it is seriously lacking and always has been.
There should be something done with this, I am sure many don't buy indigo because of the lack of a proper 3ds max plugin, I know that's why I am not using it.

kdarius

Post by kdarius » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:54 am

Ha enslavor. Sorry as sarcastic as i am i missed that one. By the time there is an 3ds max exporter that works right everything will be running real time anyway..... Sarcasim or just the truth. Another tread with no answers...... Users continue to be pushed aside waiting.

dcm

Post by dcm » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:56 am

or leaving...

i know 3 persons which rejected indigo because of lacking exporter.
I know i know...subpixel is working on something.

kdarius

Post by kdarius » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:17 am

i know people are working on it and have been. I appreciate the effort and love indigo. I wish more was spent on the exporters and not as much on the engine. The render its self is great. It sucks because right now i am trying to figure out how to spread the expense of vray across some jobs... Dont want to do it but with my timelines need to hit render and go....

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:19 am

Hi Guys,
We're definitely paying attention, and want to improve the exporter situation.
As well as working on some new core features (normal mapping etc..) after the 3.2 release, we will focus on improving the exporters.

nick

kdarius

Post by kdarius » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:25 am

honestly.... and no offense but F*** the new features and get the exporters going.........

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:48 am

Dang. No offense taken :)
obsolete asset

zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Public alpha release of IndigoMax

Post by zeitmeister » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:02 pm

Have to agree with kdicarus in a polite way:
Indigo is nothing without the exporters. :-)
Cheers, David

DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:08 am

I think it's right that kdarius expressed something obviously sincere, figures. Certainly usefull to an extent.
Indigo is nothing without the exporters.
This was cristal clear from the initial stage of the collaboration between company and exporter writers.

As someone in charge of an exporter, I have nothing to oppose to kdarius declaration (I did rather mean "Point taken, offense none."). Alas I'm no profesional, if it wasn't with Glare help I would not be in position to announce fondamental fixes for the next release of the Maya exporter.

In all cases the next goal is 3.2 stable, I believe that these matters will be adressed upfront by the company then after (it would be nice to make an announce by the year on my behalf).

I can certify that those concerns of yours are shared.
obsolete asset

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:21 am

oh and lol, I don't know nothing about subpixel avancements and communication with the company, please make no mistake.

How about a chat mate ?
obsolete asset

BartS

Post by BartS » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:45 am

Hi,

i''m currently giving IndigoMax a try, since Maxigo crashes too often.... However, i do have a problem. My scenes stay black,no matter what I try.

I have a scene (a simple room without windows, so no environmental light comes in), and a simple sphere with material 'indigo emitter'.

Using maxigo, it renders fine. Using IndigoMax, nothing but a black picture. I have set tonemapping to Reinhard, so that shouldn't be the problem. My biggest clue actually is that the 'rendering window' (shown when starting a render) tells me for the scene statistics that there are "lights : 0".

How come? I'm absolutely sure there are several objects with material "indigo emitter". Or do there not work yet in IndigoMax?

Thanks for any help.

subpixel
Developer

Post by subpixel » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:50 am

Hi all,

I have uploaded a new version of IndigoMax. It brings among some bugfixes, export functionality, Indigo Blend material and simulated environment sky map.
Meanwhile, when I have some time, I'm working on interactive workflow implementation branch, which changes a couple of things.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding. Hope for some comments, suggestions and descriptive bug reports.

Cheers,
Jake

Notes:
  • This version is not backward compatible (to introduce compatibility with max2009)
  • This version uses new IndigoSDK v.3.2.6 DLL (please remember to install it also)
  • Rendering IGS scenes uses shell extension open command, so it needs to be setup properly to render exported scenes
  • Material editor is being under construction and will output only dummy images by design

subpixel
Developer

Post by subpixel » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:57 am

BartS wrote:Hi,
I have a scene (a simple room without windows, so no environmental light comes in), and a simple sphere with material 'indigo emitter'.
Hi BartS,

Unfortunately, Maxigo materials, objects and modifiers are not recognized by IndigoMax, so it behaves as there where no lights. In such case it uses Max default lights, yet for interior they might be too distant.
You should also use IndigoMax material - Indigo Material to define materials in your scene, there you can find emission parameters to turn object to light emitter or you might just add a simple light object.

Hope it helps,
Jake

ENSLAVER

Post by ENSLAVER » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:27 pm

Renders fine with no objects, crashes when I render with an object in the scene. max 2012 x64, win 7

Export works fine.

172 posts