Max 2012 Support

Announcements, requests and support regarding the 3DS MAX exporter
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
rawalanche

Max 2012 Support

Post by rawalanche » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:20 am

Hi,

i am interesting in trying out Indigo renderer since i heard its probably the fastest unbiased renderer currently available. I am a 3ds Max 2012 user. I have read previous threads in this section, and i figured that exporters for version 2.6 and 3.0 are not working (crashing on scene load). So i am curious what is current workflow for customers that bought Indigo and use Max 2012? Or are they still using 2011 and waiting for the issue to be fixed? It is quite a while since 2012 was released. :|

suvakas
3rd Place Winner

Re: Max 2012 Support

Post by suvakas » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:17 am

Hey,
This crashing on load is not an ultimate show stopper.
Basically it crashes when the Maxigo panel is open at the moment you press Load..
Scene file itself is fine and you can load it back in when you restart Max after it crashes. I'm not at my work Pc atm so I can't verify it, but it may not even crash when you close Maxigo UI manually before loading.
It will be fixed in next Maxigo version.

rawalanche

Post by rawalanche » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:18 am

I see. Thanks for your response. Anyway, even when this issue can be avoided, it still seems like very critical issue, and i wonder what takes so long to fix the issue. I mean, it would be acceptable for free/open source renderer, but since indigo is commercial, this kind of thing should not happen, and there should be stable exporter for current version of indigo.

I have tested it on few of my scenes, and i was really impressed by speed and simple workflow. I would like to present it to my company as an alternative to Mental Ray which causes us a lot of difficulties lately. But as long as the situation stays the same, i cannot do so. I doubt my boss would agree on paying for a solution that is not stable.

I wonder how long will it take until next version of exporter is released... ?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
Just tried Maxigo 3.0.7 with Indigo 3.0.12 (Free mode). Scene crashes on every open, no matter if Maxigo panel is opened or not. There is no way to open the scene except merging scene content into a new file. :(

suvakas
3rd Place Winner

Post by suvakas » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:40 pm

rawalanche wrote: EDIT:
Just tried Maxigo 3.0.7 with Indigo 3.0.12 (Free mode). Scene crashes on every open, no matter if Maxigo panel is opened or not. There is no way to open the scene except merging scene content into a new file. :(
Hmm. Even when you restart Max?
The thing with current Maxigo is, that it is a legacy from times when Indigo was freeware. There's a lot of ugly code inside. At the moment it is more rational to move on to the next level and rewrite the entire thing. I'm almost done with it and if I manage to fix a few remaining issues I can start giving out copies for closed beta testing this week. If all goes well I can upload a public beta in this month. So it's almost there.

rawalanche

Post by rawalanche » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:03 am

Thanks for info. Yes, it crashes even when i restart Max. I am running Max 2012 x64 with SP1. I am looking forward to new version of maxigo.

rawalanche

Post by rawalanche » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:11 am

Hi,

any progress on new functioning maxigo?

zed_pmd
Indigo 100

Post by zed_pmd » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Hi,

When will new version maxigo? I can not open many of the older scenes ...
Indigo is a commercial program already. This problem should be solved long ago ...

best regards,
Zed

lycium

Post by lycium » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 am

Hi guys, sorry for the lack of response here; this should indeed work, and we're looking into the issues now.

We appreciate your support and patience in the meantime, and will endeavour to get the fix out ASAP.

zed_pmd
Indigo 100

Post by zed_pmd » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:38 am

Thanks for your reply Lycium. So we wait to solve the problem ;)

Best regards,
Zed

9 posts • Page 1 of 1