New exporter

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
zurkdahool

Re: New exporter

Post by zurkdahool » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:20 pm

Sorry for long time no new posting: I am still busy at work but coding still goes on! Currently i have around 80% of the UI finished (implementing parameters, buttons ,knobs and so on). The C++ module for export works but i still fighting with different compilers on different plattforms (windows, linux and mac). I will release a first version when it is usable but it take some additional time. I have also played around a little bit with indigo SDK and tried to implement indigo into blender. Some good news: i will reduce my work hours on my job next year to have more free time. the new exporter project will benefit from this ;-)

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:11 pm

This sounds very promising. :)

afecelis

Post by afecelis » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:28 am

zurkdahool wrote:Sorry for long time no new posting: I am still busy at work but coding still goes on! Currently i have around 80% of the UI finished (implementing parameters, buttons ,knobs and so on). The C++ module for export works but i still fighting with different compilers on different plattforms (windows, linux and mac). I will release a first version when it is usable but it take some additional time. I have also played around a little bit with indigo SDK and tried to implement indigo into blender. Some good news: i will reduce my work hours on my job next year to have more free time. the new exporter project will benefit from this ;-)
Thanks a lot for your work! :D
AMD Ryzen 7 1800 @3.6ghz, 32GB ddr4 3200 mhz Ram, Nvidia RTX 3060 12GB, Win10, Blender/Sketchup/Modo/Cinema4d

zurkdahool

Post by zurkdahool » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:27 pm

Happy New Year!
After some free days with my family i continue working on the new exporter. The UI implementation is nearly finished which means the implementation of all possible parameters are done. The big work will come when to sort,order and rearrange all the knobs and buttons into the right tabs. But this should be done easy because of the new UI-code which use plain blender api code in python and no extension framework.

I decide to release the first version of the new exporter without the C++ exporter because it is still in alpha and make some trouble on different plattofrms. Therefore the first release will include a python exporter based on the original blendigo exporter code. This idea behind this decision is to get feedback from users how to style the UI without getting problems of an unfinished exporter code...

I will release the first version ASAP. Sorry for the delay but sometimes everyday life takes it tribute ... stay tuned!

Oscar J
1st Place Winner

Post by Oscar J » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:08 am

Very cool, and happy new year right back at you! :)

Please don't apologise, you don't owe us anything remember? :wink:

Polinalkrimizei

Post by Polinalkrimizei » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:55 pm

Exactly! :-)

We really appreciate your hard work and are excited for the things to come!
The good thing is that Blendigo pretty much works out of the box already, but a faster export of complex scenes, a tighter integration (rendering in blender viewport?) and your UI-work are most welcome.

Cheers and also a happy new year

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:46 am

Great work! Looking forward to see it in action. Let us know if you need a hand with anything, I have some experience with Boost and such. Would be very curious to see how you're getting the Blender objects from there.

How does it work with particle exports? That still is the biggest bottleneck for me: even exporting only 500k particles takes about 2-3 minutes on my laptop. Perhaps one of the reasons it's slow is because it outputs everything to an XML file.

It would be very useful to have some sort of binary format for scenes or large amounts of instances.

Eneen

Post by Eneen » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:48 pm

Can't wait to try your addon!
In the meantime some thoughts based on current one what's IHMO lacking:
- node system material support to solve fiddling forward and backward with nested materials, luxrender got one lately and works pretty nice
- proxy meshes preview in viewport using mesh from igm file (wire or solid maybe?)
- igs mesh import

Viewport proxy display using build-in mesh was added recently to unofficial Maxwell exporter. Maybe it will be helpful:
https://github.com/uhlik/blendmaxwell

Oscar J
1st Place Winner

Post by Oscar J » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:29 am

*Staying tuned* :)

zurkdahool

Post by zurkdahool » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:20 am

Oscar J wrote:*Staying tuned* :)
No news because moving my house at the moment and have much to do... like constructing the new kitchen.

Using the new exporter works well with basic scenes and light layer under linux:
kit1.jpg
k2.png
k3.jpg
I hopefully get my new mac book in march so i can develop/test the exporter on macintosh. Windows looks also good at the moment... At the moment the exporter is not running out of the box and i have to make some changes before releasing the first version... but i am still working on it... so stay tuned :-)

Oscar J
1st Place Winner

Post by Oscar J » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:50 am

Nice kitchen!

Hey, is it possible to export light layer temperature/RGB values from your exporter yet?

afecelis

Post by afecelis » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:22 pm

wow! nice work! go zurkdahool, go! go! go! :D

ps. Congrats on the new house and the new Mac coming in March.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800 @3.6ghz, 32GB ddr4 3200 mhz Ram, Nvidia RTX 3060 12GB, Win10, Blender/Sketchup/Modo/Cinema4d

zurkdahool

Post by zurkdahool » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:45 pm

Oscar J wrote:Nice kitchen!

Hey, is it possible to export light layer temperature/RGB values from your exporter yet?
working on it!

Oscar J
1st Place Winner

Post by Oscar J » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:38 am

Yeah, congrats on the Mac. :)

Wonder if Glare somehow could get this guy on board properly. It must be acknowledged that exporter development, perhaps with the exception of Sketchup and Cinema 4D, is not up to scratch and is probably costing potential customers. Blendigo was last updated 14 months ago.

SreckoM

Post by SreckoM » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:53 am

Entire development is slow. In studio I work we went with Blender + Vray combo instead of Indigo just because dev is really really slow. We can not base our business with such slow dev. I was pushing Indigo a lot, love look or renders, but at the end we decided to go with Vray and purchased several licenses as start.

36 posts