Page 1 of 1
Particles Hair - how to render?
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:36 pm
by cooler_inc
Hi, everybody.
I'm a newbie in Indigo, I saw the thread 'The IT department' Blender/Indigo project Final

by radiance and I was impressed. Now I'm learning Indigi and trying to remake my old scene, but there is a barrier on my way, I can't render Fur made using Particles. What should I do? Particles are not modifier and cannot be apllied.
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:44 pm
by Kosmokrator
i think Particles systems not supported...wath exporter d u use?
try to convers your Particles to meshes and try render

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:48 pm
by cooler_inc
oh, I forgot I'm using Blender+Indigo 0.5 and Indigo exporter 0.5
Does anybody know how to convert Particles into the mesh?
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:52 pm
by Kosmokrator
im not Blender user...i think its an option somewhere in blender...try to find it or ask someone else ....

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:33 am
by cooler_inc
I suppose it's not possible to convert Particles into the mesh. Maybe in the next release this possibility will be added.
BTW I tried to export in different formats and import to the scene with hope that it'll work, but it was all in vain. My imported model was bald-headed.

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:41 pm
by cooler_inc
I found the answer, it is possible to convert Particles into mesh. Look at the my thread
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=74872
Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:56 pm
by Kosmokrator
Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:05 pm
by cooler_inc
he-he,
today start my holidays and I'm going to the seaside called Yalta. You'll see my rendered work after 23rd of August.
Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:20 pm
by Kosmokrator
ok have nice hollydays man!my hollydays ends today from tomorow back to work...

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:53 am
by cooler_inc
Here I'm on the road again
So, after a lot of unsatisf.results I present this little rendertest of Particles.
220.004 vert, 100.001 faces
Time elapsed: 17m, 11s
Done 32775000.000000 mutations (106.689453 mutations per pixel)
mutations_per_sec: 31772.810468
Short Tut. How to prepare scene containing Particles for Indigo?
1. Download CVS Build of Blender (built 08-13-2006)
http://www.zoo-logique.org/3D.Blender/c ... er1308.zip
2. Run Python script
Code: Select all
# Converts particles into a mesh with edges for strands
from Blender import Scene, Mathutils, Effect, Mesh, Object
scn= Scene.GetCurrent()
ob= scn.getActiveObject()
me= Mesh.New()
effects= Effect.Get()
for eff in effects:
for p in eff.getParticlesLoc():
# p is either a vector or a list of vectors. me.verts.extend() will deal with either
print p
me.verts.extend(p)
if type(p)==list: # Are we a strand or a pair, then add edges.
if len(p)>1:
edges= [(i, i+1) for i in range(len(me.verts)-len(p), len(me.verts)-1)]
me.edges.extend( edges )
print len(me.verts)
ob= Object.New('Mesh')
ob.link(me)
scn.link(ob)
3. Select your mesh and apply script Alt+P
4. After converting (it's a long process) in edit mode select all vert 'A' and extrude edges 'E'.
5. Export to xml
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:56 pm
by balder
@cooler_inc
Where can i find a build for mac os x that supports that particle2mesh script? Thanks

(if it doesn' exist, i would ask you to convert 3 emitters in meshes for me so i can do some tests on fur in indigo, just tell me if you will and i'll send them by mail...and thanks anyway!)
Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:16 pm
by cooler_inc
try first cvs.blender.org
but i suppose that it doesn't exist, so if you won't find cvs build of blender for mac os x - send me your file I'll take a look and try to convert.