Page 1 of 1
Yaaaaay! Got Indigo to work Under Linux!
Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:19 pm
by afecelis
Via Wine.
I was having a lot of problems with older versions of Wine but latest version (0.9.22) compiled from source works lovely!
you can grab latest wine src here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... e_id=77449
follow the Readme instructions for installation.
Kerkythea has a native port for Linux but I had cravings for using Indigo as well. Perhaps Nick should not use so much MSVC dependencies and try to make it more cross-platform?

Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:15 am
by Synthesizer
I managed to get it working in Ubuntu as well
Although, I had it working for 0.6t2, but after having to reinstall Ubuntu, it only gives me black frames. I can use 0.5t7 fine though.
Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:17 am
by eman7613
now i got a question, was that the scnene already made, or did you reexport it from linux version of blender or windos version running under wine?
Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:52 am
by johanjohan
Hi!
Me I use indigo 0.6t2 with wine 0.9.21 on Ubuntu with fluxbox (more light and speed)
you need to update wine and you will not get the black render.
But for the moment i cant to install the export 0.6t2 to my optimize blender 2.42a
http://www.blender3d.org/forum/viewtopi ... 2f3ac1ec3e
and I do to export with windows..
perhaps its just a permission's problem..
Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:22 pm
by afecelis
@eman7613: it's the same .blend file. Anything you create in blender will be read by the other platforms (windows, mac, linux, etc). The format is totally cross-platform
@johanjohan: I still haven't tested it with 0.612; I'm still using 0.5 official but It should be interesting to try it out. I'm using Suse but I still haven't found an optimized blender build for it

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:58 am
by u3dreal
Synthesizer wrote:I managed to get it working in Ubuntu as well
Although, I had it working for 0.6t2, but after having to reinstall Ubuntu, it only gives me black frames. I can use 0.5t7 fine though.
Hey Synth,
try to change the rendersize... i got black frames with 320x240
but it rendered without problems in 640x480 ... so maybe thats the
same with you ..
cheers
#
u3dreal

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:11 am
by eman7613
afecelis wrote:@eman7613: it's the same .blend file. Anything you create in blender will be read by the other platforms (windows, mac, linux, etc). The format is totally cross-platform
i know that, what i meant was did you export it from linux version of blender? (basicaly im asking if the blender-indigo plugin will work under the linux version).
Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:26 am
by Synthesizer
I'll give those things a try. The blender->indigo plugin works great in linux

It's python based, so it should work for the mac version of blender as well.
Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:23 am
by afecelis
@eman7613: Synthesizer is right, and sorry for getting you wrong; being Python based, the scripts should also be cross-platform. I'm using the latest 0.5 export script (beta7) and it works fine. Still gotta try the 0.6 export script with Indigo 0.61 and 0.62.
