some bugs and requests regarding possible improvement

Feature requests, bug reports and related discussion
1 post • Page 1 of 1
nocivo

some bugs and requests regarding possible improvement

Post by nocivo » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:05 am

Hi to all,
I report some bugs and requests regarding possible improvement.

1) I have export to xml file (not 3ds) an object of 500,000 polygons. When indigo start to load the file, it uses 1.2 Gb of memory but when start to calculate the image, it uses only 200 mb of memory. This is a big problem for the objects with millions of polygon.

2) when you have an xml file with 500,000 polygons the loading time is about of 4-5 minutes. this is very long time if you use a render farm with more computer and indigo network rendering, because the loading time is the same of rendering time.

3) is it possible to implement a modern file format of 3d objects like fbx in binary mode? the 3ds objects is not good for large number of polygons, and the indigo xml file it's too big for distribute into a network rendering farm.

4) Now is not possible to render an image bigger than 3 Mega pixel. Now is not possible to print a rendering bigger than A3 format. A good limitation is 15 Mega pixel. Is it possible to improve?

5) is it possible to insert the angle tolerance of smoothing?

6) is it possible to insert the exponent in the specular material to make sandblasted glass?

7) when you start a network rendering with 24 computers, the network manger heighten the use of memory every time that receive information from a node. for example I launch a render at 1600x800 and when start the manager use only 38 Mb, but when receive the informations from all 24 nodes it use 710 Mb. Is it possible to optimize? This is good for big image size in network rendering.

excuse me for my bad english

thanks
Nocivo

1 post • Page 1 of 1