Material ID

Feature requests, bug reports and related discussion
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
bubs
2nd Place Winner

Material ID

Post by bubs » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:31 pm

I'm sure this has been raised before (and it may have changed in Indigo 4 and my apologies in advance if it has!) but the Material ID render function quite often does not separate colours / materials well. Whilst I can normally manage a work-around this current scene I'm doing is the worst yet... As you can see from the images the brick, stone surrounds and the leaves on the tree in front have all been rendered out the same ID colour, making it pretty useless to me.

Is there any way to reset the colours, or re-render with different colours etc?
Attachments
Render.jpg
ID.jpg

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Re: Material ID

Post by bubs » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:15 pm

If it's of any use to anyone I discovered a workaround for this issue. If you notice several materials rendering out the same colour next to each other, use the 'pick material' function and then change the 'Material type' of the material from Phong to Diffuse / Specular etc.. when the render re-starts it will have changed the ID colour of the material in question.

NOTE* It seems this does not always work... but it at least does some of the time.

DanJ

Re: Material ID

Post by DanJ » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:31 pm

Unrelated to your issue of Material ID.. I really like the texturing of the brick wall to the boundary, with the top brick course laid in a perpendicular direction to the rest of the wall.

And the tree is very nice too!

3 posts • Page 1 of 1