[REQ] verbosity level control

Feature requests, bug reports and related discussion
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
CTZn

[REQ] verbosity level control

Post by CTZn » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:54 am

From 'stop at the first warning' to 'brute load the scene' (ideally).

I'm just interested in warning suppression really, since Indigo standalone throwing hundreds of thousands of warnings per frame is eating up most of the frame production budget, in an exponential fashion as the scene complexifies(?).

Example: frame 95, simulated and exported in 11mn, will render in about 15mn after Indigo raised warnings for more than one hour straight. Huge productivity hit, though I haven't resorted to the console for a comparison yet.

Also, every serious renderer had this form of output control back then !

PS: The simulation is producing hundreds of thousands of ordered, interpenetrating spheres with a diameter of 3.54mm each. I'm going to twist ROND me thinks, that might help during warm-up ?
obsolete asset

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Re: [REQ] verbosity level control

Post by Oscar J » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:24 am

You mean things like missing asset warnings? Doesn't Indigo start rendering in the background anyway?

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:34 am

Nope that's not what I meant, I found that Indigo was throwing a warning where it would have raised an exception in earlier verisons, and I'm fine with the change !

I have a grudge against

Code: Select all

Warning: Light 'RaySphere' contained in more than one medium, forcing empty/vacuum medium.
being printed hundreds of thousands of times before the render effectively starts (there is this many objects and unique materials in my scene).

The warning is justified, but I don't mind if Indigo would not mention it. Optionally. That's what the request is about.
obsolete asset

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:54 am

oh wait
<verbose>true</verbose>
e: Looks like it is broken, if it was meant to do what I expected though. Same output happening when set to false !
obsolete asset

4 posts • Page 1 of 1