2nd Place 100

Re: White Noise Indigo 3.8.29

Post by zeitmeister » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:32 am

Can you show the carpet material?

Cheers, zeiti
Cheers, David

DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

Zalevskiy
3D Software: Blender

Post by Zalevskiy » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:46 am

zeitmeister wrote:Can you show the carpet material?

Cheers, zeiti
yes:
Attachments
carpet_white.jpg
carpet_white.pigm
(1008.44 KiB) Downloaded 217 times

thesquirell

Post by thesquirell » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:25 am

Is this something that is specifically related to the 3.8.29? Did you try it with earlier releases?

As far as I read on the forum, exit portals do not go well with BiDirMLT at all, especially when you have glossy materials, and specular ones, like your floor, for example. They will converge quite slow. Exit portals should be used with BiDir pathtracing, as it works the best in that mode.

Now, I am really curious about that carpet model. It is magnificent. Could you perhaps tell us how did you model it? Is it C4D hair, are those modeled polys(something like ZBrush's fibermesh), ooor? Really jealous about it! :D

zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Post by zeitmeister » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:57 am

I'd blame it on the portals, too.

Cheers, zeiti
Cheers, David

DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

Zalevskiy

Post by Zalevskiy » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:56 pm

thesquirell wrote:Is this something that is specifically related to the 3.8.29? Did you try it with earlier releases?

As far as I read on the forum, exit portals do not go well with BiDirMLT at all, especially when you have glossy materials, and specular ones, like your floor, for example. They will converge quite slow. Exit portals should be used with BiDir pathtracing, as it works the best in that mode.

Now, I am really curious about that carpet model. It is magnificent. Could you perhaps tell us how did you model it? Is it C4D hair, are those modeled polys(something like ZBrush's fibermesh), ooor? Really jealous about it! :D
I'm sorry... I'm a noob) is not possible in 3.8.29 (я все делаю методом тык) :D

Could you help me? You can attach examples here empty scene of the format .c4d with the right lighting and settings? (empty interior scene) including the glass material, the right exit portal and environment settings? I can not set the correct value LUX?

The carpet is ready model http://3ddd.ru/search?query=carpet&sp_model=on&page=1 (free | buy pro ... I do not remember)

unfortunately .с4d model size 167mb! i have a very slow outgoing internet traffic(( I can only show the structure image:
Attachments
3212.jpg
test1_03.jpg
BiDir pathtracing((
3211.jpg
321.jpg

thesquirell

Post by thesquirell » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:55 am

Interesting model! Thank you for the info!

As for the scene, I can give you this. (с удовольствием и с любовью!)
It kinda resembles your scene. Nothing fancy, just an ordinary captured simulation environment. You could switch your env. map to hdr image, or plain white. Give it a go. The floor is not UV mapped, use Cubic if you want to test your floor material.

P.S

Come to think of it, maybe your floor mat is doing something wicked. Can you post it in the mat library, or here in the thread, so we can take a look at it? Given the model and the mats, I would gladly set up a scene for you with them.
Attachments
SetUp.rar
(91.72 KiB) Downloaded 222 times

Zalevskiy

Post by Zalevskiy » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:48 pm

thesquirell wrote:Interesting model! Thank you for the info!

As for the scene, I can give you this. (с удовольствием и с любовью!)
It kinda resembles your scene. Nothing fancy, just an ordinary captured simulation environment. You could switch your env. map to hdr image, or plain white. Give it a go. The floor is not UV mapped, use Cubic if you want to test your floor material.

P.S

Come to think of it, maybe your floor mat is doing something wicked. Can you post it in the mat library, or here in the thread, so we can take a look at it? Given the model and the mats, I would gladly set up a scene for you with them.
thanks! (спасибо большое!) :wink:

I try to disable displacement material, result: (wait when the 3000 s/px)
Attachments
test009_d_off.jpg
displacement off
test009.jpg

thesquirell

Post by thesquirell » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:06 pm

Looking at the polygons of the floor mat, I can tell you that there is no need for that displacement. The fibers are just to small, and unreliable in the terms of continuity, to use that displacement.Comparing the two renders, it doesn't add anything to the scene, except that funky glow, so, off with it! We have found our culprit, товарищ мой! Now, the question remains, why does it glow?! xD For this to be uncovered, you should definitely upload your scene, so we can take a closer look at it, and perhaps devs could also inspect it.

Пожалуйста!

P.S

Woooah, wait, wait. Your first screenshot shows that you have light layers 1, and 2, in addition to the Sun and Sky. May I ask, what is your plan with them? What are you trying to achieve with them? Maybe you enabled "Emission" by mistake, perhaps? Are they the reason for that glow? I may suspect that by enabling displacement map, you actually move the fibers so that light shines through, and by disabling the displacement, the light just gets eaten up by them? So many possibilities! :D

Also, there is a known behavior of Indigo to actually favor the higher powered lights, and sample them faster then the weaker ones. Sometimes you will want to up the power of a small light source in your scene, to clear it up faster. For example, crank up that light causing the fireflies by x100, and lower it's power in light layers. Maybe by giving them more sampling, it will clear up faster. Also, do not use C4D's light with light tags, it is far better to use an actual mesh (convert primitives). Hope something of this helps, I wrote a lot of junk back there. :D

Zalevskiy

Post by Zalevskiy » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:36 pm

Attachments
test009_d_off_1324.jpg
test009_d_off_1294.jpg
d_off 1294s/px

thesquirell

Post by thesquirell » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:39 pm

Ok, got to admit that those fireflies could come from those shiny spheres. But that does not explain the first scene. Give us your sceeenees! :D
Last edited by thesquirell on Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zalevskiy

Post by Zalevskiy » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:50 pm

In short I want to do this:
Interior scene with good light and fluffy carpet +hdr map (alternative — create fake photoshop background) the problem of white spots, like get rid of them? exit portal? probably too complicated structure of the carpet ... I'm not very good at it, all intuitively :|
Attachments
788998.jpg
It takes about such a result

thesquirell

Post by thesquirell » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:54 pm

Then, can you upload your carpet model, so I can test it out? Will try to put something together, like your reference image, but if you think the carpet is the guilty one, then I'm gonna need it. Promise to give it back, once I'm finished. :D

Zalevskiy

Post by Zalevskiy » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:58 pm

thesquirell wrote:Ok, got to admit that those fireflies could come from those shiny spheres. But that does not explain the first scene. Give us your sceeenees! :D
slow loading, wait!
the original scene .c4d size 167MB and the zip archive 72,7MB magic! :)

22 posts