Page 1 of 1

Question about frame_upload_period

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:51 am
by FakeShamus
my question is, does editing the frame_upload_period actually do anything? I've tried to set it to upload every 10 minutes, or even longer, both in the igs and as a command line parameter, in order to save the master from having to merge networked renders so often (I thought it would save some downtime on long renders). but no matter what I do, the slave node seems to ignore the setting and uploads very frequently. am I missing some proper way of achieving this, or is it broken?

Re: Question about frame_upload_period

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:57 am
by Zom-B
The frame_upload_period now gets set automatically, based IGI size to transfer (or time the first transfer took?)

Re: Question about frame_upload_period

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:25 am
by FakeShamus
I see, so is this the most efficient method or is there an argument for an option to override it?