Foreground alpha

Feature requests, bug reports and related discussion
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
SreckoM

Foreground alpha

Post by SreckoM » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:53 pm

After few years not using Indigo I just got project where I could use it. Some product renderings. Unfortunately in first minute of trying I stumble upon few disappointments. But put them aside I found something that might be bug with latest Indigo.
When I activate Foreground alpha render becomes 10x brighter, like I hit several stops of exposure, is that normal behaviour? I really need this option, to be able to render transparent (without HDR background) images.

I really love quality of Indigo render output but I feel that development is stagnant, like not having option to disable object visibility in reflections, that is for product shots a really must have. Clients are nit picky :D

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Re: Foreground alpha

Post by Zom-B » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:52 pm

SreckoM wrote:When I activate Foreground alpha render becomes 10x brighter, like I hit several stops of exposure, is that normal behaviour?
This usually only happens if you use Reinhard tonemapping, try Linear or camera instead ;)
polygonmanufaktur.de

SreckoM

Post by SreckoM » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:28 pm

And that is bug or expected behaviour?

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:26 pm

SreckoM wrote:And that is bug or expected behaviour?
It is "kind of" expected, since the Rainhard tonemapper does analyze the image and applies to what it sees. The alpha areas of the rendering do f**k up this analysis...
polygonmanufaktur.de

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:21 am

I literally never use Reinhard because camera tonemapping gives a much more realistic feel. Also I'm not sure hiding objects in reflections could work with the way Indigo is built, though I could be wrong.

Looking forward to see some output!

5 posts • Page 1 of 1