Page 1 of 2

The undeciever

Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:41 am
by MadSwede
Hello everyone. I'd heard about Indigo for quite a while until finally testing it some weeks ago. Love at first render as you could say :D
Anyway, Here's something I think is good enough to show (at least judging by opinion from a swedish forum).

Models and materials in Blender 2.47. Some retouching in PS. 36 hours rendering time and 3000 spp. I (perhaps unfortunately) didn't bother to make the 'diamonds' in any proper cut.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who contributed to make Indigo (and the exporters) something that amateurs like me can easily use. :wink:

Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:44 am
by PureSpider
Holy sh*t this is AWESOME!

Re: The undeciever

Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:54 am
by tacos
MadSwede wrote: in PS. 36 hours rendering time and 3000 spp.
:shock:

Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:56 am
by Pinko5
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Nice work!!!!!




Luca. ;)

Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:25 am
by Kosmokrator
hahahahahahaa F@(kin6 awesome man.....crystal clear idea...nice setup and light....

original and pure indigo!!!

ohh and wellcome aboard!!! :wink:

Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:10 pm
by OnoSendai
Very nice image, congrats.

Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:28 pm
by doublez
Nice work, I really like it :D

Re: The undeciever

Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:55 pm
by MadSwede
Thanks everyone, wouldn't have been able to get this result without Indigo.
tacos wrote:
MadSwede wrote: in PS. 36 hours rendering time and 3000 spp.
:shock:
Are you shocked by my divine patience :lol: or over the ratio of rendering time/resulting spp? If it's the latter, dispersive refractions takes a while to get clean.

Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:50 pm
by Zom-B
nice idea and realization!!!

Just two things that pop into my eyes:

- The diamond Material seems to lack in cauchy B (thats what maks it more colorfull when hit by light!), for some propper material try this

- The glas lense isn't visible... maybe some slightly different light setup for some simple reflection could bring the lense up without need of any Background...

Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:02 pm
by MadSwede
ZomB wrote:nice idea and realization!!!

Just two things that pop into my eyes:

- The diamond Material seems to lack in cauchy B (thats what maks it more colorfull when hit by light!), for some propper material try this

- The glas lense isn't visible... maybe some slightly different light setup for some simple reflection could bring the lense up without need of any Background...
As I've been using this site as my primary (fine, only) source of information about material settings I did in fact use those exact values for the stones. My guess is that the lack of color (though there is some) is due to the low amount of facets compared to, for instance, a brilliant-cut.

As for the lens, got the very same response before and it's certainly not easy to see (tiny reflection near the top). However this was the setup I liked in every other way so it's a compromise I'll have to live with.

Otherwise, thanks for the feedback.

Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:09 am
by Kram1032
Argh, and I can't see it. AGAIN :( WTF happens???? :(

Edit:
http://www.indigorenderer.com/joomla/fo ... en_768.jpg
If anyone else has the same problem as me, not being able to see the pic, here's the direct link... Thanks Arne for sending it to me :)

Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:59 am
by zsouthboy
That is perfect. Very nice render and scene setup.

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:03 pm
by WytRaven
@ZomB and MadSwede

Thanks for reminding me about that diamond material as I was working on that before my long absence and it is now complete with tabulated absorption painstakingly hand built by tracing a transmission graph I found and then spline interpolated a la schott glass to get the final curve for a coeff.

The finished igm is attached and I will ask cpfresh to update the material library accordingly as he posted the half done version originally.

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:09 pm
by SmartDen
WytRaven wrote:@ZomB and MadSwede

Thanks for reminding me about that diamond material as I was working on that before my long absence and it is now complete with tabulated absorption painstakingly hand built by tracing a transmission graph I found and then spline interpolated a la schott glass to get the final curve for a coeff.

The finished igm is attached and I will ask cpfresh to update the material library accordingly as he posted the half done version originally.
Thank You very much!

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:25 pm
by PureSpider
That mat is so awesome... thanks Wyt!