07.jpg
08.jpg
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

Alamy

Re: Alami Rendering Thread

Post by Alamy » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:16 pm

Finally, I managed to achieve a good Aperture diffraction in my latest work :) :)
02-Bloom&glare.jpg

pavoda

Post by pavoda » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:19 am

Nice...How you achieve it? GPu, cpu, denoising, time...? BTW, Little bit too could the last one for me (white balance)

Alamy

Post by Alamy » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:10 am

pavoda wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:19 am
Nice...How you achieve it? GPu, cpu, denoising, time...? BTW, Little bit too could the last one for me (white balance)
Thanks, Pavoda :)
Actually, It's a little bit tricky, after many trials I feel that I understand how this little boy works, in tonemapping I choose a camera option, under the camera, I use agfapan apx-100CD, and under the camera tab there is an option called advanced aperture and glare, just keep it unchecked as you will activate after you finish your render and before hitting the denoise button, in aperture shape in SketchUp keep the circular shape as you will change this option later after you finish your render, when the render is finished the first step is to go to your camera setting then change the circular to generated, num of blades in this scenario was 4 but I will post another test with 6 blades and I think hexagon looks more realistic, in blade offset I use 0.3 as I tried less than this number and all trials were a blurry image, curvature radius I use 5 but you can try going down to 1 and see what you like as per your taste, in the angle section I use 45 which is 0.785 in the indigo tab, you can type 45 degrees in the in skindigo but in indigo renderer I couldn't put by degrees, then I understand that 45 equal to 0.785 approximately after that under aperture diffraction you need to enable aperture diffraction and last thing you need to hit denoise and wait little bit to see clear image as with diffraction the denoising time is more, I'm using GPU here, You are right it's too cold as I'm using the D50 in white balance, the client need specific tone in the wood which I couldn't achieve in the warm mood.

Alamy

Post by Alamy » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:16 am

Another shot but with 6 blades this time
04.jpg

Alamy

Post by Alamy » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:21 am

And these are other shots from the same project
05.jpg
10-Modified.jpg
11-Modified.jpg

pavoda

Post by pavoda » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:53 am

thanks, it is interesting procedure...why you active aperture diffraction and denoise after finish render?

Alamy

Post by Alamy » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:07 am

pavoda wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:53 am
thanks, it is interesting procedure...why you active aperture diffraction and denoise after finish render?
It's a good question, I read tutorials and pdfs here that it's ideal for checking the denoise after finishing the render as it's more efficient regarding the time, if denoise is activated from the beginning then the render will take more time, applying the diffraction after the render is finished that's according to my test when I use the diffraction from the beginning the render is heavy plus it takes time to update the image, second thing if I apply the right setting for the generated diffraction and not the default circular at the beginning, then a minimal amount of light will enter the camera lens, the most important thing is to keep the light sources which will give the diffraction as low as possible (realistic numbers) otherwise the diffraction won't be realistic and will destroy the scene.

pavoda

Post by pavoda » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:07 am

Ok, thanks, I will try it...But I struggeling with another - Farflies, Can not use Max contribution with denoising and gpu rendering, it not work and aperture diffraction highlights this these farflies...just look, any tips?
Attachments
Farflies.png

Alamy

Post by Alamy » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:14 pm

pavoda wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:07 am
Ok, thanks, I will try it...But I struggeling with another - Farflies, Can not use Max contribution with denoising and gpu rendering, it not work and aperture diffraction highlights this these farflies...just look, any tips?
You are welcome, You can ask me about anything and I'm here to help, First if you mean that you can't use the clamp contribution with GPU, this combination is working with me, regarding the fireflies, try to lower the number in the light layer tab for every light in the scene except the sun layer to a minimum, and see which light exactly cause these fireflies, sometimes I turn them off all except the sun and turn them on one by one and after turning every light on I enable the aperture diffraction then turned it off then make the next layer on and make the aperture on, till I reach to the layer which causes theses fireflies, If you send me your scene on wetransfer I will tell you exactly where the problem is, you can try also as another mood if you choose in skindigo under the environment tab the Sketchup background color without checking the black option, it gives me very good atmosphere from outside

Alamy

Post by Alamy » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:18 pm

If you can tell me which tonemapping you are using here ... Reinhard, Camera, or Filmic?, BTW nice carpet, is it a block, or did you use a displacement map?

pavoda

Post by pavoda » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:12 pm

Carpet is block, tonemapping is camera most offen agfapan-apx 400-sCD.

pavoda

Post by pavoda » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:16 pm

i found the cause of these farflies...it's due to a very bright and small light source...usually the sun or a bright spot in the HDR sky

Alamy

Post by Alamy » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:35 am

pavoda wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:16 pm
i found the cause of these farflies...it's due to a very bright and small light source...usually the sun or a bright spot in the HDR sky
Glad that you solved the problem :)

Alamy

Post by Alamy » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:57 am

New Interior ... Comments are welcome
01.jpg
05 Modified.jpg
06 modified.jpg
10.jpg
07.jpg

122 posts