theroanecollective.com Current Project

Show off your final renders
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
jcap168

theroanecollective.com Current Project

Post by jcap168 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:38 am

I want to start posting my finish work. Tell me what you guys think.
Attachments
frame-0011_Final.jpg
frame-0010_Final.jpg
frame-0009_Final.jpg
frame-0008_Final.jpg
frame-0007_Final.jpg
frame-0006_Final.jpg
frame-0005_Final.jpg
frame-0004_Final.jpg
frame-0003_Final.jpg
frame-0002_Final.jpg
frame-0001_Final.jpg
frame-0000_Final.jpg

zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Re: theroanecollective.com Current Project

Post by zeitmeister » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:39 am

Not bad for beginning!
Try to reduce DOF a lot, because it all feels like a puppet house.
Be sure having correct scale on objects, like radiator, table (could be improved in modeling) and door handels.
Try to look for far better 3d-models overall, this will increase credibility.
Also you really should look after your backplate (visible through the windows), which is far too lowres. Better use suitable photos from google or whatever than a lowres sphere, which fit better for mood, perspective and resolution.
Also take care of correct exposure and invest a little more work in texturing. All texture based shaders should use diffuse, bump and specular in minimum.
Scene lighting is not so bad at all! Try to put more focus in lighting of the objects you want to feature. Or if you want to create more mood, increase the contrast between light and shadow. Some images definately go in the right direction; hero situation is in focus and lightened, and the rest is weaker... the observer is being led. Image 4.
Go on!
Cheers, David

DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

jcap168

Post by jcap168 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:41 pm

zeitmeister wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:39 am
Not bad for beginning!
Try to reduce DOF a lot, because it all feels like a puppet house.
Be sure having correct scale on objects, like radiator, table (could be improved in modeling) and door handels.
Try to look for far better 3d-models overall, this will increase credibility.
Also you really should look after your backplate (visible through the windows), which is far too lowres. Better use suitable photos from google or whatever than a lowres sphere, which fit better for mood, perspective and resolution.
Also take care of correct exposure and invest a little more work in texturing. All texture based shaders should use diffuse, bump and specular in minimum.
Scene lighting is not so bad at all! Try to put more focus in lighting of the objects you want to feature. Or if you want to create more mood, increase the contrast between light and shadow. Some images definately go in the right direction; hero situation is in focus and lightened, and the rest is weaker... the observer is being led. Image 4.
Go on!
Thanks for the feedback. Most of my projects like this one are done within 48 hours. So my time is very limited to set my scenes, set up lighting, and try to make the low-quality textures look like something. These are real projects being sold to clients so an overall clear idea for design direction is all that matters. Also, the scale is 100%, I took the measurements myself. May look odd but that's part of the existing space. Lighting is meant to be kinda flat/even. We try not to be too focused as it seems to distract clients more than it helps. I'm a fan of high DOF. Some clients love it as it seems to add life in the image. My HDRI is 8K but I also have it in 16K, but in some instances, Indigo doesn't like the 16k and has issues rendering. Mainly when I use my network renderer. Not a ram issue probably just a bug. Using low res HDRI tends to be too obvious with too soft details and doesn't match up with the rest of the scene. Are you suggesting 8k still to low in resolution? Another note is I don't do post-processing at all. Other than denoising and file size reduction the final image is as-is from Indigo. I know it could make things look more realistic but the added time it will take to do so don't fit with my workflow.

ak-sam

Post by ak-sam » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:00 pm

I really like the design and the scene overall. There's an issue with one of the window panes (horizontal band across it).

My feedback is generally about personal preference - things i would do to make the scene look more realistic That may not be what you're going for?
Generally I think the lighting is too uniform and gives a bland impression. This is amplified by the flat materials (little gloss and little variety between surfaces such as wall, table, ceiling, cabinetes).

Perhaps there are too many downlights, and the brightness is too high and angle of lighting dispersion is too wide, and the light colour (K) is very neutral. Try playing around with these a bit to add some drama.
Some reflections on backsplashes and countertops would add a lot of interest.

Finally the textures on soft surfaces like carpet, wallpaper and especially the dining chairs are looking very flat - some textural differences would add a new dimension to the scene. Perhaps the denoising is taking away some of these details?

Also I agree with Zietmiester that more contrast overall would help - try adjusting the Camera settings for more contrast, or use some post processing (a quick filter should do it, maybe even a vignette?). This image looks a bit like HDR which is good for examining the detail and true colour, but is actually less realistic. In real life the human eye processes a scene in a dynamic way, focusing on light areas or dark areas independently.

I did a bit of a muck around in photoshop (very rough) to see what the overall effect could look like.
Attachments
frame-0006_Final-darker.jpg
Skindigo on 1x 6950x, 1x3970x, 6x3930k, 2x4930k, 3x5930k

4 posts • Page 1 of 1