Show off your final renders
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
Lal-O
2nd Place Winner
3D Software: SketchUp

Mexico's Ranch

Post by Lal-O » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:22 am

Hi guys !!!

Let me show you my latest work. It is a Rach in Mexico . Hope you like it ...I am not completely happy with the result , there are some things that just don't convince me.....Model and design are not mine, only renderings :D

C&C Welcome :!:

Cheers
Attachments
Terraza.jpg
Sala de juegos.jpg
Recamara.jpg
Fachada Principal.jpg
Estancia.jpg
Comedor.jpg
Baño.jpg

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Re: Mexico's Ranch

Post by Oscar J » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:25 am

Looks promising, nice detailing as usual.

You seem to be getting the post production a bit wrong IMO. I feel like I have already tried to help in this area multiple times.

In general:

* Too much contrast (for example, see the totally black trees in the first picture)

* Inconsistent colour balance, you should really try to make white walls look white in the image, not pink.

* Too much saturation is always a tell-tale that it's a render.

* Heavy shadows/dark mid-tones. Try to boost the mid range with a colour curve.

Why not try to edit these pictures a bit in Photoshop and see what you can come up with? :)

Am attaching a very quick (literally two minutes) example and PSD file.
Attachments
Comedor2.psd.zip
(3.51 MiB) Downloaded 250 times
Comedor.jpg

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:43 am

Hi Oscar J.

Nice reply mate, very useful
As you mentioned, i have "special" problems with the postproduction...I'm "afraid" of flat images, i think that is why i always tendo to get so much contrasted renderings. All images i post here in the forums had been photoshoped so, it seems i need to refine my eye for getting more balance in my renderings. :?

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:29 am

Yeah, I understand of course.

How about going through the adjustment layers I did and maybe try to figure out what the purpose was with each layer? :)

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:38 am

Hi Lal-O! Nice images, although obviously there's something you can work on the get even more beautiful images.

My personal opinion is:
1. Enhance the lighting
2. Work more on materials
3. Try not to set extreme zoom angles

1. Your lighting here is a little too flat in my opinion. This kind of overcast sky works better when used to create contrast, for example with a well-lit interior, or a more "artistic" environment such as snowy lands etcetera... Maybe for this kind of representation I'd rather prefer a classic sun-sky or maybe a more spicy dawn sky, with its soft blue sky and orange low light..

2. Your materials seem generally flat. I think the first thing here would be adding some reflection maps. I alway start with the materials which cover the biggest surfaces; after that if you "forget" some minor materials nobody will notice.. Also, rocks and stone walls in general are really hard to reproduce, you should start working with more or less subtle displace, otherwise you'll get sort of a wallpaper feeling which we like NOT :lol:

3. Try to set realistic POVs. No professional photographer would stretch the focal angle this much, and you know: composition is the secret to success! So...more images, narrower angle :mrgreen:

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:51 am

Pibuz wrote:3. Try to set realistic POVs. No professional photographer would stretch the focal angle this much, and you know: composition is the secret to success! So...more images, narrower angle :mrgreen:
:lol: Completely agree with you Pibuz, in every single way. Unfortunately the camera views/angles are not my choise....most of my clients want to show all spaces of their projects only with one single image to save money...even if the spaces gets deformed :roll: .

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:58 pm

I completely understand :mrgreen:

7 posts • Page 1 of 1