Page 1 of 1

Unbuilt House

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:28 pm
by bubs
Going through an old laptop last week I rediscovered a model of a house I designed about 6 or 7 years ago that unfortunately (for me) never got built. I had done a pretty good model, so thought I would take a few hours to update it with some decent new materials and render the scenes I had set up. The house was interesting to me as it was for a strange long triangular site, so I was trying to get courtyards and light wells into the design, whilst still maintaining as much privacy as I could for a house that sat right on the side of the road.

Anyway here's the shots!

Re: Unbuilt House

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:01 am
by zeitmeister
Nice ones!!


Cheers, zeiti

Re: Unbuilt House

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:32 am
by bubs
Thanks man. :)

Re: Unbuilt House

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:36 pm
by Headroom
I'd have to agree. These are really nice. My favorite is the courtyard shot with the ivy on the wooden wall/fence


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Unbuilt House

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:16 pm
by Oscar J
^ Agree, that one is great. :)

Re: Unbuilt House

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:41 am
by afecelis
Great work. Love the environment integration. The interior shot is inspiring :D

Re: Unbuilt House

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:46 pm
by CTZn
Those are fine renders, nicely detailed and stuff.

Re: Unbuilt House

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:44 am
by Polinalkrimizei
What an idiot whoever didn't built it! What a great concept...
But what is the function of the small building on the left? Do you have an interior shot?
Nice feeling of space in this strange geometry... I wonder how you did the second floor! Just one staircase, right?
And I really appreciate your great sense for details as a CG artist, not only your materials but sometimes also the "transitions" between to materials - top notch!

I really dig your stone-like mat from the interior shot, totally buying it. And the WATER, how did you so the WATER?!

Re: Unbuilt House

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:18 am
by Oscar J
I looked through the renders again, and realised that while the renders are pretty much perfect from a rendering point of view, there was a very slight "Roy Andersson" feel over the interior pic that I think could be reduced in post pro. Hope you don't mind having a go at it: what I did was basically desaturating the whites a bit, bringing up the mids with a simple curve and shifter the colour balance slightly away from green and towards purple.

You might completely disagree with this, it's your design after all. :)

Re: Unbuilt House

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:53 am
by bubs
Oscar J wrote:I looked through the renders again, and realised that while the renders are pretty much perfect from a rendering point of view, there was a very slight "Roy Andersson" feel over the interior pic that I think could be reduced in post pro. Hope you don't mind having a go at it: what I did was basically desaturating the whites a bit, bringing up the mids with a simple curve and shifter the colour balance slightly away from green and towards purple.

You might completely disagree with this, it's your design after all.
I don't mind at all! I had actually thought ever since I posted it that the interior shot was a bit too dark and moody!
Polinalkrimizei wrote:What an idiot whoever didn't built it!
That would be me then! :lol: It was back during the financial meltdown and no bank would lend me the money... ah well! :roll: The smaller block on the left is an office / study, and yes there is just the one stair. I've shown the plans below so you can see how the second floor works.
CTZn wrote:And the WATER, how did you so the WATER?!
It is just FakeShamus' great jacuzzi mat from the database scaled down! http://www.indigorenderer.com/materials/materials/1336

Thanks again for all the comments guys!

Re: Unbuilt House

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:55 am
by Oscar J
bubs wrote:
Polinalkrimizei wrote:What an idiot whoever didn't built it!
That would be me then! :lol:
:lol:

Re: Unbuilt House

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:15 am
by CTZn
bubs wrote:
CTZn wrote:And the WATER, how did you so the WATER?!
It is just FakeShamus' great jacuzzi mat from the database scaled down! http://www.indigorenderer.com/materials/materials/1336

Thanks again for all the comments guys!
edit: nvm it was polinalkrimizei asking, got it ! Did I ? No worries, I remember I found that the water was looking terrific and recognized that material you said, so I'm pretty sure I didn't write this here at least. Again no big deal !

Oscar: excellent tips to share and try out by the way, my preference goes to the most natural looking image however and that's the original version.

Re: Unbuilt House

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:12 pm
by bubs
:lol: sorry CTZn! Didn't mean to confuse you... I just used the 'quote' function on Polinalkrimizei's message, I didn't even realise it had posted the wrong name... Ghost in the machine...

Re: Unbuilt House

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:54 am
by Pibuz
Brilliant concept! I really like the architecture!

Re: Unbuilt House

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:33 pm
by bubs
grazie mille