WOODEN product visualisations

Show off your final renders
thesquirell

Re: WOODEN product visualisations

Post by thesquirell » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:00 am

Hey, Polinalkrimizei, this last model is awesome. Do you actually produce these, or are they just a product visualisations for a client?

Polinalkrimizei

Post by Polinalkrimizei » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:23 am

Thanks thesquirrel! :-)

It is an actual product you can buy - I just need to render some pics for the online-shop! We just don't have fancy locations, and we usually built it by order, so we use renders to show the variations (different veneers). The last pic is for use in a catalog.

What is really cool in this thread is the evolution of the render times. The first pics were made in 1080p about two years ago, as it took DAYS to clean I sometimes used a render farm. Nowadays, the last renders are 3500 x 3500 px and were rendered overnight via GPU. Awesome work, Glare!!
The actual lights still look better with MLT, which gives a nice "bloom" with aperture diffraction that is not possible yet with GPU. So some regions of the renders are still done by my poor CPU.

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:53 am

What GPU are you rendering on? :)

Polinalkrimizei

Post by Polinalkrimizei » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:18 am

It is just a GTX 1060 6GB.
Most such scenes are lit by an HDRI image, no exit portals as they are not supported yet by GPU rendering. I do make sure that lots of light can enter the scene by removing walls and/or ceilings, which happens to show in the last render in the reflection of the window... :oops:
And the WOODEN lamps are cranked up for sure, then turned down in the light layers panel by a factor of 10 or so.

Polinalkrimizei

Post by Polinalkrimizei » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:41 am

And thanks Oskar for your AWESOME materials you keep posting here - the floor, the blanket and whatnot might look familiar to you :)

65 posts