My feedback

Announcements, requests and support regarding Indigo for Revit
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
Whaat
Developer

My feedback

Post by Whaat » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:08 pm

I'm giving Indigo for Revit a go. My office is starting to use Revit pretty much exclusively as their design and modelling app. I'm running Windows Vista Home 32. I'll use this thread to post the issues that I am finding with the plugin.

Installation seemed to work according to the instructions in the PDF guide. However, when I ran Revit for the first time I got a message box saying that my Indigo for Revit version had expired! I can't find the Indigo menu item anywhere (I'll keep looking) but I'm guessing that it's been disabled since it is apparently expired. Any help, fused?
hmm..the message box also says to contact indigo support. Maybe they will hook me up with a new version?

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Re: My feedback

Post by fused » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:57 pm

Yes, I'm sorry about that, I'm going to put out a new Indigo for Revit build soon.

ashutosh

Post by ashutosh » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:50 am

yes, i've also experienced the same problem.

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by fused » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:44 am

I am currently working on the Revit 2011 version. If all goes well we can release an updated beta soon.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:13 pm

I've only played around with the latest version a very little bit but here are my findings so far (using Revit Architecture 2009)

- installation worked good - I like the streamlined interface
- annoying that indigo menu is disabled if I am currently in a revit tool
- indigo menu seems to be always disabled unless I am in the default 3D view (which is a parallel projection). However, Revigo only renders perspective views properly
- crashed the first time when trying to open material database search - maybe only because I clicked the search button too early (before the dialog was completely loaded?)
- it might be more user friendly to use the common metal name instead of the nkdata filenames
- how to do a material preview? is it functional yet?
- it seemed to take a very long time to open the material database search

The biggest issue so far is that the Indigo menu item is constantly disabled for no apparent reason. Makes it hard to do a lot of testing.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1