Light Sample Material Compensation
Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:40 am
Hi, I have not been using indigo for too long, but so far I'm getting through everything alright.
I have a question about the way light materials work, and how they are rendered.
I've been tying to render a scene with multiple lights with Skindigo, and it seems that light samples compensate each other.
Let me explain.
When I make a light source using one of the presets (power 100 efficacy 17), and render the scene (even a simple scene) with the skylight and the sun light on. When I toggle the lights on and off, I find that the samples for the sun and skylight are good, but the samples for my light source are almost non existent. when I turn off the sun and sky, there is not too many samples (obviously the longer I let it render the more samples I have, but compared to the other light sources it's a pretty shitty amount of samples)
When I do the opposite though, and make the light source very bright (maybe a bit ridiculous) power 100000 efficacy 100 or viceversa power 100 efficacy 100000, and render it, it gives me a good amount of samples on the lightsource, but the amount of samples on the sun, and skylight, decrease.
The whole scene becomes darker, except when I turn off the ridiculously "bright" lightsource
Anywhoo... I'm just trying to figure out why this happens, and see if there is any way I can increase the samples on both, instead of dividing the samples between my light sources.
When I decrease or increase the brightness of a lightsource, I would like it to do just that, increase and decrease the brightness of the lightsource, instead of increase or decrease samples.
I hope that wasn't too confusing. Please let me know if I need to clarify some more
I have a question about the way light materials work, and how they are rendered.
I've been tying to render a scene with multiple lights with Skindigo, and it seems that light samples compensate each other.
Let me explain.
When I make a light source using one of the presets (power 100 efficacy 17), and render the scene (even a simple scene) with the skylight and the sun light on. When I toggle the lights on and off, I find that the samples for the sun and skylight are good, but the samples for my light source are almost non existent. when I turn off the sun and sky, there is not too many samples (obviously the longer I let it render the more samples I have, but compared to the other light sources it's a pretty shitty amount of samples)
When I do the opposite though, and make the light source very bright (maybe a bit ridiculous) power 100000 efficacy 100 or viceversa power 100 efficacy 100000, and render it, it gives me a good amount of samples on the lightsource, but the amount of samples on the sun, and skylight, decrease.
The whole scene becomes darker, except when I turn off the ridiculously "bright" lightsource
Anywhoo... I'm just trying to figure out why this happens, and see if there is any way I can increase the samples on both, instead of dividing the samples between my light sources.
When I decrease or increase the brightness of a lightsource, I would like it to do just that, increase and decrease the brightness of the lightsource, instead of increase or decrease samples.
I hope that wasn't too confusing. Please let me know if I need to clarify some more