Come here for help & support.
11 posts • Page 1 of 1
Lal-O
2nd Place Winner
3D Software: SketchUp

Beauty Center

Post by Lal-O » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:34 am

Hi there Guys

I am here asking for your help ( yes, one more time :oops: ).

I've designed a Beauty Center/Nail Spa , and the project is full of emiters, artificial lights, polished surfaces , glass , mirrrors...plus ,the space is mostly black.

My question here is ...what is the best render mode to solve this kind of scenes (Speed and quality...mainly speed :wink: )?

I did use OpenCL (A Titan X and 1070 TI).

Thanks in advance :D .
Attachments
Recepcion.jpg
Pedicure.jpg
Night Pedicure.jpg
Night Nail Bar 04.jpg
Night Nail Bar 03.jpg
Night Nail Bar 02.jpg
Night Nail Bar 01.jpg
Nail Bar 04.jpg
Nail Bar 03.jpg
Nail Bar 02.jpg
Nail Bar 01.jpg
Lashes Make Up.jpg
Lashes Make Up Night.jpg

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Re: Beauty Center

Post by Lal-O » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:46 am

Off Topic: Maybe this is a very dumb question but, i've found this in the site (looking for help to remuve noise /fireflies) and...what /Where is the box to check / enable ? I can't find it in either Skindigo or Indigo :oops:
Attachments
Sin título.png

burnin

Post by burnin » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:18 am

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:08 pm

Yes, do denoising!
Also use at least SS2 and also do test SS3 if your system can take the load.
Denoising takes the internal resolution for beauty and normal + albedo map, and therefore is capable of preserving more details by this. But beware that higher SS values only bring better results if you are realy rendering quite long anyway, since a internal resolution for a SS3 with a 1920x1080 image is 5784 x 3264 px and needs more samples to have proper noise free support channels albedo and normal.
polygonmanufaktur.de

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:13 am

Thank you! I've missed that one, today i realized that i was working with an old Indigo version, that is why i couln't find the denoise options :roll:

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:43 am

Zom-B wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:08 pm
Yes, do denoising!
Also use at least SS2 and also do test SS3 if your system can take the load.
Denoising takes the internal resolution for beauty and normal + albedo map, and therefore is capable of preserving more details by this. But beware that higher SS values only bring better results if you are realy rendering quite long anyway, since a internal resolution for a SS3 with a 1920x1080 image is 5784 x 3264 px and needs more samples to have proper noise free support channels albedo and normal.
Hi Zom-B Thx for the reply :D .

By saying "SS2/SS3" You mean super Sampling ?.

I've made some test with this options enabled (Optimize for Denoising and Denoise) and i must admit that the rendering time is really impresive, but...i am not sure about the ouput quality, i mean, the result i get with that options enabled are kinda "Splotchy", the colours are a bit "washed out" and sometimes i feel that some details are losing, maybe a need more practice with it :D .

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:11 am

Lal-O wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:46 am
Off Topic: Maybe this is a very dumb question but, i've found this in the site (looking for help to remuve noise /fireflies) and...what /Where is the box to check / enable ? I can't find it in either Skindigo or Indigo :oops:
About this image (taken from here https://www.indigorenderer.com/indigo3.8 ) "Photon maping + Bidirectional PT"
It is mentioned also says "This hybrid mode will be fully automatic - there are no complicated settings to tweak, just enable the checkbox and enjoy the results!"... What box is needed to enable ? . A few months ago i had to make some renders of a pool but never could achieve ( in a fast way ) the effect from the pool in image from the site :cry: . So, what i am missing? :oops:
Attachments
02N.png
01N.png

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:21 pm

Hey Lal-O,

there is no magic checkbox inside Indigo atm to enable Photon mapping! So you havn't missed anything yet :)
Afaik its a feature still in development that hasn't been released yet.
For Pool Caustics you will not be able to get anything out of GPU rendering and pure PathTracing! You need to use CPU based BiDir or even MLT for this. Sometimes it could be a option to do a full GPU render and at the same time a region render of the pool only with CPU and compose both in the end.

Yes SS2 is SuperSampling @ 2. For denoising you NEED the optimize for denoising checkbox being enabled! There are just rare cases where it is helpfull not to do so...

Denoising is no magic that makes a great picture after 2min of rendering... the results are better the longer you render.
Imagine a 75% done render, where denoising can save you the last 25% with a click, but not the other way around.
polygonmanufaktur.de

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by fused » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:39 pm

Also, if you are going for pool caustics with MLT, make sure your pool ceramic tiles (and the water) don't use a bump or normal map. Displacement maps or real geometry.

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:12 am

Zom-B wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:21 pm
Hey Lal-O,

there is no magic checkbox inside Indigo atm to enable Photon mapping! So you havn't missed anything yet :)
Afaik its a feature still in development that hasn't been released yet.
For Pool Caustics you will not be able to get anything out of GPU rendering and pure PathTracing! You need to use CPU based BiDir or even MLT for this. Sometimes it could be a option to do a full GPU render and at the same time a region render of the pool only with CPU and compose both in the end.

Yes SS2 is SuperSampling @ 2. For denoising you NEED the optimize for denoising checkbox being enabled! There are just rare cases where it is helpfull not to do so...

Denoising is no magic that makes a great picture after 2min of rendering... the results are better the longer you render.
Imagine a 75% done render, where denoising can save you the last 25% with a click, but not the other way around.
I knew that the only way to get water pool caustics is only with CPU , but it takes forever ,that is why the image posted from the site caught my attention and made me think i was missing something.

Now all is clear. Thx for the explanation and for your time , i really appreciate it :D .

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:25 am

fused wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:39 pm
Also, if you are going for pool caustics with MLT, make sure your pool ceramic tiles (and the water) don't use a bump or normal map. Displacement maps or real geometry.

Hi fused!

I totally ignored that, thanks for the information! :D

11 posts • Page 1 of 1