Workflow

Come here for help & support.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Malus_Lupus

Workflow

Post by Malus_Lupus » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:15 am

Say I got indigo, installed it, didn't have blender and now have to get blender can I use blendigo or whatever the name is to install it? You see I thought it was as simple as export a scene import a scene. Seems the workflow is different now. My main squeeze is Modo figured that was it. Anyways sorry a bit random here.

Simplest terms are two questions.

For my workflow do I go modo export as a scene, import into blender, then export?

Another question is if I installed indigo blindly like a buffoon thinking that I did not need the plugins for say blender can I just use blendigo to install the plugin without having to reinstall all the things?

I kinda fumbled the ball I am aware. I seem newbish but I swear I'm not just sometimes I make assumptions and as that saying goes about assumptions. Glad it was a shorthand assumption that did not bite me.

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.

Malus_Lupus

Re: Workflow

Post by Malus_Lupus » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:57 am

I am going to assume yes to all that I said and or asked.

zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Post by zeitmeister » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:36 pm

To be honest my english doesn't seem to be good enough to understand everything you wrote.
Do you ask how to use Indigo and Modo via Blender?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Cheers, David

DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

thesquirell

Post by thesquirell » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:51 pm

Basically, the short answer is yes.

Yes, you can install exporters additionally, after the install. Sometimes, it is even recommended to skip installing exporters during the installation, since there may be a newer version of them on the forums. So, check up, from time to time.

As for Modo work flow, I can't be much of a help there. But, here's the thing. If the objects are series of indexed vertices, polygons, etc.(just open your obj in notepad), it can be passed around platforms easily. My suggestion would be to treat Modo as if you would treat ZBrush, for example. You can sculpt, model, unwrap, but can also export it, and render it from wherever you wish.

Best of luck in your endeavors!

4 posts • Page 1 of 1