Come here for help & support.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
Lal-O
2nd Place Winner
3D Software: SketchUp

Clean cutouts ?

Post by Lal-O » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:47 am

Hi There Guys

This time i am here because i need your help ..I just can't get clean cut outs when i use material ID LAYER as layer mask in photoshop ...I always get jaggy or white halos around my renderings . If i use foreground alpha it works like charm...but this feature is not availabre with gpu rendering :cry: .

Any Ideas ? :D

Thx in advance :)

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Re: Clean cutouts ?

Post by Oscar J » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:52 am

Try using lower tolerance for you colour selection/magic wand. And when you've made your selection, you can use the selection/mask (alternatively refine edge depending on your PS version) to tweak further (like 0,2 feather and shifting edge inwards usually works nicely to remove halos). Hopefully alpha rendering shouldn't be long from now. :(

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:12 am

Thanks for your reply Oscar J.

Those tecniques you mention for photoshop are the ones i used to use when i worked with artlantis and they were so easy to use and affective...but they seem not to work with unbiased renderings. I worked with Maxwell for a little while and i had the same problem. Later learned Vray for Sketchup and that was fine , but you needed to render with a full black background....Could that work with indigo? :roll: I am gonna give a try.

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:26 am

Humm.....it seems i am gonna need to work harder on my Photoshop skills ..... ¬¬. :roll:

Regards.

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:16 am

:D I think it should work, unbiased or not. I am not sure Maxwell is strictly unbiased anymore - from what I've heard they remove fireflies etc by default since a while ago. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's nice to have an option not to. :)

pixie
Indigo 100
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by pixie » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:27 am

Oscar J wrote::D I think it should work, unbiased or not. I am not sure Maxwell is strictly unbiased anymore - from what I've heard they remove fireflies etc by default since a while ago. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's nice to have an option not to. :)
Just as we have! ;)

6 posts • Page 1 of 1