Some Shader Questions as Falloff Shader, Mix two textures ..

Come here for help & support.
FakeShamus

Re: Some Shader Questions as Falloff Shader, Mix two texture

Post by FakeShamus » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:28 am

I think the only thing the procedural material is lacking is the softer bump on the coating layer, which i think is what really sells Silverwing's version. both look great, but it's all about those details...

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:33 am

FakeShamus wrote:I think the only thing the procedural material is lacking is the softer bump on the coating layer, which i think is what really sells Silverwing's version. both look great, but it's all about those details...
I agree, that's a very nice detail. :) Should probably be easy to implement, will have to ask Nick about that.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:57 am

Oscar J wrote:If you haven't seen this material already: http://www.indigorenderer.com/materials/materials/1298

Pretty much like what you described, but procedural instead. Probably my favourite Indigo material. :)
Oh ah holding my horses, I was on to something similar but I'll dig Ono's shaders instead thanks :) * (e: that part of interest is galinette's)

On the anisotropic material, well yes better have than not I'm guessing., I'm only a texel loather (or a procedural fan) and you guys are the users after all. Would I need it, anisotropy is just a bumpy, stretched fbm for me :)
But sometimes its more workflow friendly if you can work without extra textures and controll the behaviour inside the shader :-)
My point exactly ! That shader from Ono* should come with params for the matter.
obsolete asset

33 posts