Sketchup model problem when rendering

Come here for help & support.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
Alejandro_66

Sketchup model problem when rendering

Post by Alejandro_66 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:47 am

Hello everyone,
Would somebody know why the Sketchup model is fine but when i render with Indigo RT the top of building (above glazed front) is pushed back... Puzzled and any help would be appreciated. Thank you and kind regards.
Alejandro
Attachments
Test render.jpg
Sketchup model.jpg

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Re: Sketchup model problem when rendering

Post by bubs » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:52 am

Are you sure it's the same block? they don't look the same to me...
Have you checked your layers - If you have something grouped on a layer that is turned on but when you go inside the group the actual elements are on a different layer that is turned off sometimes it doesn't export... The opposite may also be true here with elements inside a group appearing because their individual layer is turned on even though the grouped layer is turned off...
If it's actually a block moving during export I have never seen this behavior before!

Voytech

Post by Voytech » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:52 am

Alejandro_66 wrote:Hello everyone,
Would somebody know why the Sketchup model is fine but when i render with Indigo RT the top of building (above glazed front) is pushed back... Puzzled and any help would be appreciated. Thank you and kind regards.
Alejandro
Try exploding that group and grouping it back together. I've had that happen a while ago.

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Post by bubs » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:57 am

Is it mirrored? It looks mirrored!

This may be yet another issue with changing things once they've been grouped and exported. Try as Voytech suggests, as this solves all the other group issues...

EDIT - Note to Devs - If this is another issue with groups I think you will need to have a look at what is going on with these, I'm still having most (if not all) of the issues I raised here http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 17&t=13318

Alejandro_66

Post by Alejandro_66 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:11 am

Voytech wrote:
Alejandro_66 wrote:Hello everyone,
Alejandro
Try exploding that group and grouping it back together. I've had that happen a while ago.

Voytech, Did exactly that and it solved the problem. That was strange. Life is a continuous road of daily learning and today was no exception... :o)
Thank you very much for your help Voytech!

Alejandro_66

Post by Alejandro_66 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:15 am

bubs wrote:Is it mirrored? It looks mirrored!

This may be yet another issue with changing things once they've been grouped and exported. Try as Voytech suggests, as this solves all the other group issues...

EDIT - Note to Devs - If this is another issue with groups I think you will need to have a look at what is going on with these, I'm still having most (if not all) of the issues I raised here http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 17&t=13318

Yes Bubs it was mirrored upon rendering. This was a group inside a component in Sketchup.
Thankfully it was solved by exploding and regouping.
Kind regards,
Alejandro

6 posts • Page 1 of 1