Please help with Maya installation (Mac)

Come here for help & support.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
BarryLegg

Please help with Maya installation (Mac)

Post by BarryLegg » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:48 pm

Hi,

First post; I searched and nothing specific came up. Forgive me if this is covered elsewhere.

I downloaded the trial and MtI, and followed the instructions for installing MtI, but a couple of things were different in the actual installation process to what was described in the instructions.
Anyway, I've not managed to get it to work (when opening an exported file in Indigo it says something about not being able to find a camera or something, and also the Indigo shelf is completely empty) and I want to try uninstalling the scripts and any trace of MtI from Maya so I can try again.

Can someone help me with this please?

Kind regards,

Barry

CTZn

Re: Please help with Maya installation (Mac)

Post by CTZn » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:06 am

hi

the mti installer does not modify any system or Maya file, so removing the scripts, icons and plugin as found into the archive is all you can do. I'm sorry I'm not providing more details but I have to post away from my workstation.

seek on disk the files listed into the archive and delete them, that's it.
obsolete asset

BarryLegg

Post by BarryLegg » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:55 pm

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. I searched the computer for the filenames that were listed in the downloaded 'mti_3' folder and the only ones I found on the computer were the ones in the original folder; no others had been copied anywhere else.

Anyway I tried to reinstall MtI again and I get the same problems; completely empty Indigo shelf, and when I hit Render, I get these files appear in the project folder;

And when I run the .igs file in Indigo, I get these error messages;

I think I haven't correctly told MtI where Indigo.app is. How do I change this?

Thank you again,

Regards,

Barry

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:41 am

I never owned a Mac, I don't even know where the files are supposed to be into that OS so Maya will work correctly. The installer is asking Maya its paths setup before copying the files, supposedly into the right place.

Did you set the renderer path from within Maya ? There should be a mti menu available after nstallation with such an item. In order to initialise mti for the incurring Maya session, try the following Mel command:
mti_CHK;

The dedicated editor's command is mti_EDI iirc. I may be wrong on this one, for I have to post away from home (nomadism).
obsolete asset

4 posts • Page 1 of 1