Including complex models

Come here for help & support.
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
halaszlo

Including complex models

Post by halaszlo » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:06 pm

Hi!
Can I have a complex scene file built from other igs files that contains several models?
I would like to store complex objects in igs files. It works as the blender exporter that I used mad such igs files.
Than I would like to build a new scene from these complex model files. Position them and rotate them in the new scene.
Is there any way for that? Or I have to import all the meshes (submeshes) that I would like to have in the final scene?

I tried include complex external .igs files in my scene but I can not modify the positions and rotation of the included objects.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Re: Including complex models

Post by Zom-B » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:39 pm

Why bothering with IGS files here, simply use proxy file system.
Its called Library Linking in Blender I think:
http://www.sintel.org/news/library-link ... anagement/

By that you have simply your Blender files with different models and materials, can can also tweak them later at some point, or even use for other render engines...
polygonmanufaktur.de

halaszlo

Post by halaszlo » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:56 pm

We use blender and sometimes other modellers for creating 3D models and export them to obj or anything.
And we would like to start rendering from command line with modifying the scene text files. But after .obj export we have to fine tune the materials. Materials usually don't come with export fine.
So my project is that there are models created in some modeller (most of the time blender) and exported it into separeted files. Then from the exported fine tuned models we have to be able to create arbitrary complex scenes and create photorealistic pictures from them with external code from command line. Now I have the models and find an appropriate renderer where I can do the rendering from command line.
Indigo does very nice pictures but the igs text files problematic a little.
I didn't tried blender internal renderer and I think we should do it this project in python in the solution that you suggested. Besides materials have to be fine tuned for indigo in blender also.

So I am trying other renderers like octane or lux render but I have to say I am imressed by indogo result and if there is one chance I would like to us it for this project.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:18 am

Ok that sounds way more complex than a common artist workflow :|
Out of curiosity, do you have some example of your work?
polygonmanufaktur.de

halaszlo

Post by halaszlo » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:38 am

Yes, it is rather programming work. It is hard to attache completed works as it is consist of complex group of models. These are furniture like kithen cabinet and wall cabinet and table and chair. And we have to refurnish the rooms with the same objects in several ways.

Untill now we used pov ray as it is free and easily programmable but it is very outdated and the other renderers do much more beautiful results. And we have to find an appropriate replacement solution.
Indigo's xml structure is very simple and I like it but comlex models fall to pieces after export. A cabinet fall into corpus left, right, woktop, handler, etc... and in the scene igs I have to call every little piece one by one. It would be fine if I could create one file from the mesh parts (like a group igs) and I could include it and position it as requested.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:42 am

halaszlo wrote:A cabinet fall into corpus left, right, woktop, handler, etc... and in the scene igs I have to call every little piece one by one. It would be fine if I could create one file from the mesh parts (like a group igs) and I could include it and position it as requested.
Well in this case the mesh in Blender needs to be merged, so a single mesh gets generated with multiple polygon selections and materials aplied.

Its CTRL+J as a shortcut is what Google tells me :)
polygonmanufaktur.de

halaszlo

Post by halaszlo » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:00 am

Can I use indigo render engine in blender itself or I have to export objects anyway?
Because the obvious solution would be the blender internal python script.

halaszlo

Post by halaszlo » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:14 am

I found it. Blendingo the name of it. :roll:

Headroom
Indigo 100

Post by Headroom » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:02 am

Judging by your posts I'd believe that you are somewhat stuck in an outdated work flow. My suggestion would be to try to find the modeler that works best for you.

If you're on a tight budget, or have no budget at all and given your descriptions above I'd say Blender and Sketchup are very good tools for you to work with. Particularly for work on Architecture and Furniture there is a lot of support in the Sketchup forums and even here on the Indigo forum.
iMac 2.93 GHz Quad Core i7. 12 GB memory
ATI Radeon HD 5750M 1024 MB
OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite
Blender 2.72, Blendigo 3.8.25, Indigo 3.8.26

Trippy Lighting LLC - Colorful LED lighting systems
High Power RGB LED driver - Blog

halaszlo

Post by halaszlo » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:48 pm

Thanks a lot. But what I exactly need is an indigo exporter from our application.
I only would have liked to know what kind of grouping possibilities are in indigo. But I realized that it is not necessary. I will write the exporter by meshes and that's it.

10 posts • Page 1 of 1