SKIndigo model suddenly decides to not render

Come here for help & support.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
Pandekage

SKIndigo model suddenly decides to not render

Post by Pandekage » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:57 am

I'm panicking a bit right now...My Sketchup model for my arch thesis used to render perfectly a moment ago, with some materials from the materials gallery here and a basic custom perforated material (with blend and an alpha texture). I added a small element to the model (an elevated walkway), saved it, and tried to render again.

The "rendering group ____" dialogs on the bottom of Sketchup fly by, but after that, whereas normally Indigo would start up, nothing happens. It just keeps Sketchup active.

I tried restarting the computer and resetting some of the more complicated materials, to no avail. Any ideas as to what is going on? Help!

I can also provide the original Sketchup file that is causing the problem, if anyone wants to troubleshoot.

version of SKIndigo: 3.6.25

Pandekage

Re: SKIndigo model suddenly decides to not render

Post by Pandekage » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:01 pm

update: Indigo continues to work fine on other Sketchup models, just not this one.

Juju

Post by Juju » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:34 pm

idea to try: remove what you added, purge file of unused materials / etc.

try again
Indigo 4 | skIndigo | SUpro 2018

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:30 am

Hi Pandekage,
Can you email us the sketchup scene (.skp), or put it on dropbox and send us the link?
Thanks,
nick

Bosseye

Post by Bosseye » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:58 am

Start with removing the last few objects or textures that you added. I've had this before and its always been a texture which has arrived with an imported model that suddenly causes a previously happy Sketchup Model to fall over when you try and render.

So go back and delete things you've added one by one, rendering each time until you can pinpoint the problem. This can be a painful process, Sketchup bizarrely loses the ability to right click and delete textures properly when you start getting above a certain size/amount of textures in a model - the flyout menu sometimes refuses to appear, but keep trying and eventually it will work.

Also perhaps run a purge operation on your model to get rid of all the extraneous rubbish (mind it will delete some of the textures associated with certain Indigo materials as they're not actually textures in the scene, so you may have to re-import a few Indigo materials) and then see if you can render.

Good luck.

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:03 am

Try also checking "strange" characters in the group/component definitions, in the material names and the texture names. Indigo doesn't like ò, à, æ, ô, ö etc ect.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1