Import back to maya

Come here for help & support.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
anderyna

Import back to maya

Post by anderyna » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:21 pm

Hi there, I am actually doing texturing using indigo for my visual effects scene. I was rendering using the indigo maya plugin, but how can I import the geometry with texture back to maya so that I can batch render my image sequence for my short film.

CTZn

Re: Import back to maya

Post by CTZn » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:12 am

Hi anderyna, I don't understand your workflow.

Do you want to import back the textures shaded by Indigo ? There's no such features (texture baking) but you should be able to use the renders and camera project them onto the Maya geometries.

Were you refering to the textures placement that was done in Indigo ? Dealing with an image sequence ?

Please give more details on what you want to achieve, I can not help you otherwise.
obsolete asset

anderyna

Post by anderyna » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi, sorry for not explaining well. I have an image plane with movie [tracked by pftrack] in maya. It is a panning footage, so I need to animate my object moving across the scene. I texture my object using indigo.

1. If I wanna batch render out animation sequence with my scene and object from maya, how can I do it?
2. What about animating the object?
3. Lighting is it done in maya too?
4. I got problem with the camera in indigo, it does not focus all object evn when I turn off auto focus
5. Also can I set the render time for each frame when I use batch render?
6. Do you have any idea how to make a texture of moss with galvanised metal?

Sorry for so many question. Because I am considering Indigo and Vray, if it cannot go for rendering image sequence, then I might go for Vray. But I really like the materials.

Thanks for the help.
Last edited by anderyna on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

anderyna

Post by anderyna » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:59 am

This is how the image looks when I render in indigo. It has white spots

[attachment=0]cannon_tex.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
cannon_tex.jpg

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:18 pm

anderyna wrote:Hi, sorry for not explaining well. I have an image plane with movie [tracked by pftrack] in maya. It is a panning footage, so I need to animate my object moving across the scene. I texture my object using indigo.

1. If I wanna batch render out animation sequence with my scene and object from maya, how can I do it?
4. I got problem with the camera in indigo, it does not focus all object evn when I turn off auto focus

Sorry for so many question. Because I am considering Indigo and Vray, if it cannot go for rendering image sequence, then I might go for Vray. But I really like the materials.

Thanks for the help.
1. MtI can export sequences.
a. The range is the active timeline
b. animation export is activated in the Render Settings of Maya, Common tab, File Output sub-tab, by changing the Frame/Animation ext attribute to a non-(Single Frame) option.
c. Indigo can be used in console mode; tick the console checkbox located in the Indigo tab of the Render Settings, Display sub-tab on. There's a better way but not available currently in MtI (Indigo Queue files in console mode - IGQ format).

2. keyframing transforms is the expected way to animate objects using MtI (the exporter). Dynamic simulations must be converted to surfaces. Rigged objects in turn will roam crazy around the scene as of now.

3. lighting is from a material property called emission and is best edited with the Indigo Editor (first Indigo Shelf button) for a selected material. A lambert material of a pure black color is recommended. Base Emission is the raw power involved into the emission. Use a blackbody spectrum by connecting an indigoSpectrum node to it. Emission (dismissed if set to black) is akin a colour filter.
It is common when using emitting meshes in a day setup that one source or the other appears black; that's because it is in fact too weak, or the other too strong. Changing the camera's Tonemapping method from Reinhard to camera response will provide a fixed film sensitivity, matching an exterior exposure by default. Read again after you have tried it ;)

4. Switch to a two or three nodes camera (ie camera and aim) and set autofocus off in order to set the focus plane at the camera aim (center of interest). You can set the focus distance manually this way:

Code: Select all

setAttr perspShape.coi 5.0
5. See Halt Conditions sub-tab in the Indigo's Rendering Settings tab (in Maya). Use samples per pixels when possible for animation sequences (provides sampling consistency across frames).

6. Joker

The render seems normal to me, a couple caustics and a checker texture :)
obsolete asset

anderyna

Post by anderyna » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:21 pm

CTZn wrote:
anderyna wrote:Hi, sorry for not explaining well. I have an image plane with movie [tracked by pftrack] in maya. It is a panning footage, so I need to animate my object moving across the scene. I texture my object using indigo.

Thanks for the help.
1. MtI can export sequences.
a. The range is the active timeline
b. animation export is activated in the Render Settings of Maya, Common tab, File Output sub-tab, by changing the Frame/Animation ext attribute to a non-(Single Frame) option.
c. Indigo can be used in console mode; tick the console checkbox located in the Indigo tab of the Render Settings, Display sub-tab on. There's a better way but not available currently in MtI (Indigo Queue files in console mode - IGQ format).

2. keyframing transforms is the expected way to animate objects using MtI (the exporter). Dynamic simulations must be converted to surfaces. Rigged objects in turn will roam crazy around the scene as of now.

3. lighting is from a material property called emission and is best edited with the Indigo Editor (first Indigo Shelf button) for a selected material. A lambert material of a pure black color is recommended. Base Emission is the raw power involved into the emission. Use a blackbody spectrum by connecting an indigoSpectrum node to it. Emission (dismissed if set to black) is akin a colour filter.
It is common when using emitting meshes in a day setup that one source or the other appears black; that's because it is in fact too weak, or the other too strong. Changing the camera's Tonemapping method from Reinhard to camera response will provide a fixed film sensitivity, matching an exterior exposure by default. Read again after you have tried it ;)

4. Switch to a two or three nodes camera (ie camera and aim) and set autofocus off in order to set the focus plane at the camera aim (center of interest). You can set the focus distance manually this way:

Code: Select all

setAttr perspShape.coi 5.0
5. See Halt Conditions sub-tab in the Indigo's Rendering Settings tab (in Maya). Use samples per pixels when possible for animation sequences (provides sampling consistency across frames).

6. Joker

The render seems normal to me, a couple caustics and a checker texture :)
Hi there, I achieve the lighting and others but not the image. I still have blur view for the object, as in the picture below.

1. How can I get the clear and sharp view of object just like when render using maya.
I used camera and aim, auto focus turn on [turn off gives object not in focus] Also white spots.
2. I try to render animation, which I got igs format. Can I convert to tga or iff 【background transparent】 so that I can composite in after effects later [to show breakdown] ?
cannon_render.jpg
back.jpg
This is the picture I rendered from my tracked footage. I think need to work on the camera [default cam from tracking]
final_v2.jpg

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 pm

anderyna wrote: 1. How can I get the clear and sharp view of object just like when render using maya.
I used camera and aim, auto focus turn on [turn off gives object not in focus] Also white spots.
2. I try to render animation, which I got igs format. Can I convert to tga or iff 【background transparent】 so that I can composite in after effects later [to show breakdown] ?
1. the object is blurry because auto-focus is set on, pointing to a far distance. You want auto-focus set off, with the aim of the camera at the distance where you want the focus plane to be. This distance (the aim position) can be animated.

2. the sequence of IGS files is a sequence of scenes descriptions for Indigo to render them, they are not renders at this point. Unless you have unchecked the "Render" option, the rendering should start right after export was done. If the sequence rendering didn't start automatically after export for some reason, you should find a .bat file that will start the job in the same folder than the IGS's (it's named after the first frame number of the exported sequence, ie mySceneName.1.IGS.bat). The rendering output will be PNG format.

[edit: the information here is mostly incorrect, check the next post for an update] MtI has not been implemented with the recent Indigo compositing features, however you can render a mask version of the sequence; just select the rendering camera and in the Attribute Editor, Output Settings tab, tick the Mask option on. Rename the scene before exporting to avoid overwriting the former IGS sequence. Those two sequence will be combined into your compositing application, beauty + mask.
Last edited by CTZn on Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
obsolete asset

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:57 pm

oh wait. Using Indigo 3.6, ticking the Mask option on will render ready to comp images in one shot. Just export the sequence once again with the mask option on and you are set to compositing once render is done. Overwriting the formerly exported sequence is then not an issue, you'll only need the later.
Attachments
beauty and the mask (3.6).png
straight out of Indigo. The sphere is surrounded by 100% transparency.
obsolete asset

8 posts • Page 1 of 1