Buffer num error on resume

Come here for help & support.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
Bosseye

Buffer num error on resume

Post by Bosseye » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:27 pm

Hi, trying to resume a render from the .igi file and I'm getting the below error:

A problem occurred with the scene:
Resuming buffer num layers does not match: 1 vs 3
Indigo version: Indigo Renderer v3.6.20, Windows 64-bit build.
Exporter: SkIndigo version:3.6.21.3
Platform: i386-mswin32
Author: adown
Description:
Date created: Tue Oct 29 16:55:07 +0000 2013

Getting this error with both the automatic backup .igi file that Indigo creates and the .igi file I can create manually by saving the image.

Any thoughts? Kind of stuck for now, its a render I've been running for a couple of days which is taking a while to get smooth (lots of shiny surfaces) and I stopped it to run some other stuff under the assumption I could resume the render. I'd rather not start from scratch again if I can help it...

Thanks,

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Re: Buffer num error on resume

Post by Zom-B » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:35 pm

seems like your scene has now a different amount of LightLayers than back in the days you created it, open the igi in Indigo so you can see how may LL your scene needs.

There is also a chance that something changed regarding the igi format, and you need to resume the render with the same Indigo version you rendered it once....
polygonmanufaktur.de

Bosseye

Post by Bosseye » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:00 am

Hmmm. I thought it was a light layers issue too initially, but I'm not sure how it could be - this is a scene I was running, pressed pause, saved as an .igi, closed Indigo, did some other work and then re-opened Indigo and tried to resume via the .igi I've just saved. So the .igi file is only about an hour old or so, and like I say the auto backups that Indigo creates throw up the same error.

I haven't added or changed any light layers at any stage either.

Odd.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:16 am

I would guess the scene file (IGS) has changed since you tried to resume it.
If you send the scene file to us (as a PIGS) we could try and replicate the issue here.

Cheers,
nick

Bosseye

Post by Bosseye » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:13 pm

Thanks Nick - can I dig a little more deeply into how this works now? I'm a touch confused.

I know it used to be the case that to resume you had to direct Indigo to the .igs file first and then the .igi file and if the two didn't match it wouldn't work. So now that you just save as an .igi file, when you resume where is Indigo looking for the .igs data? Is it saved as part of the .igi save operation or is it trying to grab it from somewhere else?

Chances are I've nobbled the scene file without meaning to by tweaking it after running the render, but I don't understand how the two are linked any more.

Either way, not an issue anymore, I fired this render out to The Ranch so its done. This is all just for future reference, so I don't do it again.

Thanks,

5 posts • Page 1 of 1