Page 1 of 1

"indigo.exe has stopped working"

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:36 am
by colonjcolon
Indigo is not starting up either using sketchup or blender. Reinstalled and the problem continue. Message: "indigo.exe has stopped working". Tried to open standalone and same problem. Using windows 7 -64. I will appreciate any help. thanks.

Re: "indigo.exe has stopped working"

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:12 pm
by Zom-B
does windows create a minidump that you could send to the Glare team?!

Check that you use latest exporter and Indigo version, since scenes from old exporters aren't always compatible to new Indigo builds...

Re: "indigo.exe has stopped working"

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:39 am
by colonjcolon
I'm using the latest Indigo and exporters.

Re: "indigo.exe has stopped working"

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:27 am
by PureSpider
colonjcolon wrote:Hey, my car is broken and I want you to fix it.
I won't tell you details though and you may not check on them yourself.
My car is new.
:roll:

Re: "indigo.exe has stopped working"

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:32 am
by fused
colonjcolon, please ignore PureSpider, your problems are actually important to us.

Can you maybe give us a little more info about your hardware? Most importantly the type of CPU and type of GPU.

Also, please try to update your graphics card drivers, older driver versions sometime behave quite unexpectedly and don't work at all with Indigo's GPU rendering capabilites and in some cases even make Indigo crash.

Kind regards,
Yves

Re: "indigo.exe has stopped working"

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:04 am
by CTZn
PureSpider, what else than shock therapy when you leave a handful posts a year :Troll:
Also, please try to update your graphics card drivers, older driver versions sometime behave quite unexpectedly and don't work at all with Indigo's GPU rendering capabilites and in some cases even make Indigo crash.
This. Indigo is capable to fail on old-ish drivers even though other applications would temper with.

I don't think that's an issue provided that updating the drivers ends it.

PS: fused knows better ;)

Re: "indigo.exe has stopped working"

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:42 am
by PureSpider
CTZn wrote:PureSpider, what else than shock therapy when you leave a handful posts a year :Troll:
I'm sorry :( :lol:

Re: "indigo.exe has stopped working"

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:17 am
by Zom-B
I'm on your side Spidey!
Asking for help without any further details is way more worse then what Spidey did!
... thats my opinion!

Re: "indigo.exe has stopped working"

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:21 am
by CTZn
No bad feelings either, cheers :)