Page 1 of 1

Pentax MZ-50

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:32 pm
by kero
Hey there,

it's been a while ;)
Yesterday I started to model my Pentax MZ-50 SLR in good ol' blender.
I didn't come very far but i thought, i'd post it here to force myself to keep working on it :D

Some info on the model:
The ribs on the large part of the lens are done using a bumpmap.
The ribs on the ring for the lens aperture are modelled.
I used photoshop to create the maps.
No reference but the actual model lying in front of me has been used. I guess i'll have to use some references for the body though, to be as accurate as possible.
Rendertime: about 30mins.

Current things to improve:
* use meshsmooth or subdivs to get rid of the ugly edges
* work on the material.. not "shiny" enough, yet.
* the uv mapping on the inner part (the scale) is a little distorted.
* bumpmap is a little over the edge

ok.. so here is the actual state:

Image

comments & crits are highly appreciated. ^^

greetings,
kero (georgeblunt)

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:47 pm
by Kosmokrator
cool but rotate them a bit to see the lenses... :wink:

Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:34 am
by balder
I can see the segmens forming the surface, probably there is no smoothing. other than that, great start :)