"Advanced" WIPs

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: "Advanced" WIPs

Post by Pibuz » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:01 am

Here are the finals, tomorrow evening I have to show the work to my friend! Hope she likes it.

BTW, I want to render another day version, with much simpler ceramic tiles on the floor, just to have an option if the client isn't too modernist :lol:
Attachments
living_day_final_small.jpg
living_evening_final_small.jpg

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Post by bubs » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:16 am

Much better! Looking good, hope your meeting goes well! :D
(just noticed my 100th post! :lol: )

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:02 am

top stuff!

lape

Post by lape » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:33 pm

I think I need to travel to Italy an get some teaching lessons from the master of Skindigo... :!:
24 hours isn't enough
http://www.werkraum3d.com

Voytech

Post by Voytech » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:49 am

lape wrote:I think I need to travel to Italy an get some teaching lessons from the master of Skindigo... :!:
I'll tag along!

Pibuz, any chance for a sketchup wireframe or xray screenshot?

fenerolina

Post by fenerolina » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:19 am

Good stuff! congrats.
Why the spaces between the white shelves and the wall in the right? Is it just for making it more visible in render or is it meant to be in real live.

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:09 am

Hi fene and all! thanks for the compliments!! As I said in several other posts in this forum, although very flattered by your comments, I really think each one of us has something to learn from each other: I STEAL ideas and techniques from all of you all the time, and this has been the best way for me to learn all that I know about the CG so far. So don't be afraid to ask if you're curious about something, I'll be glad to help if I can.

@fene: I don't see shelves on the right! :(
BTW, wherever the shelves you're referring to are, they don't touch the wall because it's like that in real life, or should be, or inevitably is. :lol: I'm a bit of a minimalist designer, so I'd very like to get shelves to be seen as real protrusions of the walls: unfortunately I didn't manage to have one. Until now, at least. :lol:

@voytech
Thanks mate, I'm attaching a screenshot. Actually, there are two big Exit Portals just in front of the camera (didn't want to distort the room too much), so the real viewport capture would actually show part of the scene blocked by big black squares. After the export, in Indigo I clicked on the two objects and made them invisible to camera, so I got the right render, not blocked.

@Iape
Thanks my friend.

BTW, I rendered another version (wonderful texture I always find to be very effective, wherever I use it :lol: ): this time I laid ceramic tiles on the floor instead of the synthetic resin. I think that an hypothetic purchaser can be dazzled to see concrete instead of a "regular" floor, so I decided to make this one..

Enjoy!
Attachments
140406_model.jpg
gres_small.jpg
gres_small_grey.jpg

lape

Post by lape » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:39 am

Pibuz wrote:. I think that an hypothetic purchaser can be dazzled to see concrete instead of a "regular" floor, so I decided to make this one..
that's what I thought: concrete :wink:
24 hours isn't enough
http://www.werkraum3d.com

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:11 am

I do like this floor better. Flawless work!

What material do you use for your walls?
Last edited by Oscar J on Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

fenerolina

Post by fenerolina » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:24 am

Much apreciated, I don't like too keep secrets too, thing go slow enough.
:lol: My bad I meant sinistra! For the furniture I understand the problem: Manufactured furniture, non flat walls, the plinth joint etc. Nothing that a good worker couldn't deal with but be carefull it's almost extinguished and when you find one generally is a thief with a wood worker costume :lol: .

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Post by bubs » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:22 pm

Pool test scene.
Attachments
pool.jpg

fenerolina

Post by fenerolina » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:06 am

Good work too bubs, nice shrubs and textures, maybe the wood ceiling needs more work.

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Post by bubs » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:06 pm

I have tried several re-renders of this scene (which I uploaded a while ago) with better plants and brick texture, however I can't seem to get the scene to look as good as I would like. As a change up I decided to completely change the lighting so that I was looking towards the sun, with the building more evenly in shade. I like the way the sunlight picks up the roof and leaves this way, but I'm still not sure... :? At this point I KNOW I've been staring at this too long, and can no longer see see the wood for the trees so I thought I'd ask for some impartial comments / advise from you lovely people!

My thanks in advance.
Attachments
Fahy2.jpg

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:22 pm

I think your image is pretty good already!
LOVE your grass system!

I'd adjust some little things:
1. the very dark windows (I know it's correct, but adding a curtain or a indoor light always helps)
2. although wonderful, we are now seeing too much lawn and too little sky, which compresses a lot the image and makes it look heavy. Try a little shift lens!
3. I'm concerned a little about the look of the transoms over the openings: althought in a very polished architecture language you can achieve that look with a good constructive detailing, usually you'll see different - yet not always rude - solutions, which can use white stone or exposed concrete transoms, different laying of the bricks (vertical laying instead of horizontal, for example) covering the rear structural beam, L-shaped varnished metallic beam to sustain the lowest row of bricks, and so on. If this one is a "studied" architectural solution you should keep it like it is (minimal, as we like it :D); if not, try making another kind of detail.

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Post by bubs » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:34 pm

Thanks for the comments Pibuz,
Pibuz wrote:LOVE your grass system!
Thanks! :D
Pibuz wrote:2. although wonderful, we are now seeing too much lawn and too little sky, which compresses a lot the image and makes it look heavy. Try a little shift lens!
Good call, I'll give that a try.

As for your other comments, this is a real house that my wife worked on, so I was using it as a good learning tool as I know what the house should look like! All the details etc are true to life, so I'm happy with all of that, but some internal lights could definitely help lift the interior, especially the bedroom... I'll give it a go!
Attachments
A.jpg

170 posts