Indigo 2.0.0 betas are available!

For all Indigo users.
benn

Re: Indigo 2.0.0 betas are available!

Post by benn » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:09 pm

carbon wrote:ok, now it works..

edit: don't take me bad, i am thinking seriously about purchasing indigo license, but the price you estimated is a bit higher than i was expecting (almost 2/3 of maxwell's price), so this question promptly came to my mind..
Heya carbon, no worries - we've had a bunch of stuff going on this week outside of Indigo - so haven't been as responsive as we wanted to be. The beta price will still be going for a bit longer after we've sold out on all the lifetime licences, at that price it's about a 1/3rd of maxwells price - bit of a bargain considering it's arguably a better render engine. :)

sk2k

Post by sk2k » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:02 pm

Hi,

nice to see that Indigo is evolving. :) To bad that i have to leave it. :(

I'm unemployed without a chance to change that in the near future (i have some sort of disability). The full version Indigo is out of reach even with the early adopters 295$ price tag and the free version is out of question because i never liked/used"crippleware".
Sure i could use the current version 1.1.18 but then i will miss all the new upcoming and promising features. Sigh!

Conclusion for me? I do not know really. I tried other renderes but none of them gave me satisfying results.

MfG
sk2k
Last edited by sk2k on Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

carbon

Post by carbon » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:25 pm

OnoSendai wrote:We will continue to work with the current developers, as they are a key part of our future plans for Indigo. We are also planning to move the source code into a central repository, and spend some time improving and optimising the exporters. So I expect the exporters to improve in quality.
benn wrote:The beta price will still be going for a bit longer after we've sold out on all the lifetime licences, at that price it's about a 1/3rd of maxwells price - bit of a bargain considering it's arguably a better render engine. :)
thanks for answering me, i needed to have it a bit more clear..

some more thoughts regarding the price and so on. beta price sounds adequate, but now, when indigo went commercial, i have to also think commercial (even i don't want to), so i cant rely on temporary discount and investment, for 4 (master + 3 node) licenses for my Helmer is 1480€ for Indigo and 1780€ for Maxwell.. Indigo is probably better in image quality, but from now it is also matter of user comfort / cost / productivity / speed / documentation / learning curve for new users / etc. ratio. image quality in not enough for commercial users, client's first question is when it will be done and second how much will it cost. and now i am thinking about new potential users of indigo, not about the ones who already overmastered the engine. Indigo have to provide features which other don't to be attractive for new users and does matter in real production..

c.

pixie
Indigo 100
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by pixie » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:43 am

sk2k wrote:Hi,

nice to see that Indigo is evolving. :) To bad that i have to leave it. :(

I'm undeployed without a chance to change that in the near future (i have some sort of disability). The full version Indigo is out of reach even with the early adopters 295$ price tag and the free version is out of question because i never liked/used"crippleware".
Sure i could use the current version 1.1.18 but then i will miss all the new upcoming and promising features. Sigh!

Conclusion for me? I do not know really. I tried other renderes but none of them gave me satisfying results.

MfG
sk2k
But if you master 1.1.18 you surely get lots of money and be able to buy version 2 :D

pixie
Indigo 100

Post by pixie » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:09 am

pixie wrote:This new build is a bit faster then before, at least 23% more :-D

100k against 123k on the same machine in diffuse transmitter test
With Windows 7 7000 build I'm getting 250k, OMG! :O

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:13 am

Wow, this is waayyy faster than the old indigo. I dont know how they did it, but sign me up! :)

pixie
Indigo 100

Post by pixie » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:15 am

neo0. wrote:Wow, this is waayyy faster than the old indigo. I dont know how they did it, but sign me up! :)
Well sadly in my regular scenes the difference isn't that much. :(

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:09 pm

suvakas wrote:Hey,

Has the displacement changed too? I'm getting different results compared to 1.18.
camera-Adaptive displacement is broken currently, due to interaction with motion blur (camera can move). Will fix soon.

53 posts