Violet 0.1.1.rd Win32 Binaries Now Available

A forum for exporter development discussion.
rerdavies

Post by rerdavies » Sat May 19, 2007 4:21 am

> Linux/wine issues:

something to do with a fundamental incompatibility between wine and VS 2005's manifest-protected load procedures for the VS 2005 runtime. The error message indicates (according to Microsoft KB articles), that the .EXE loaded the VC80 runtime DLLs, but loaded a version other than the version against which the .EXE was compiled.

There's allegedly downlevel support for OS's that don't support manifest loading (win95, and win2k). Unfortunately Microsoft has nothing to say aobut Wine/Linux. Maybe do some hunting to see if this is a known issue with Wine (problems with VS 2005 runtime DLLs). Or see if somebody can build a 2k3 version. Unfortunately, I don't have easy access to Visual Studio 2003 right now, because it doesn't run on vista. /8*

> static linkage.

Exactly. The static linkage versions of wxWidgets 2.8.3 link dyanamicaly to the C runtime. (Doesn't entirely make sense to me). I went through quite a few project configurations in the MSW solutions looking for one that linked statically to the CRT; but I may have missed one.

rerdavies

Post by rerdavies » Sat May 19, 2007 4:26 am

>> Library vcomp.dll

And that's the OpenMP support DLL (manifest protected), that's installed as part of the VS 2005 runtime. I'm using OpenMP to provide easy multithreading of the big image-processing operations. A 2005 build with OpenMP disabled might solve that issue.

If you guys can sort out what the CRT manifest issues are on Wine, I can cut a non-OpenMP build of the project to see if it helps. Let me know if you think that a non-OpenMP build is worth a try.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Sat May 19, 2007 5:03 am

Can u please make the #ifdef switch work for the open MP stuff, when i undefined open mp, there were a few errors (haven't looked in depth tho).
Then i can compile in vs2003 :)

18 posts