my second patch [OBSOLETED]

A forum for exporter development discussion.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
dougal2
Developer

my second patch [OBSOLETED]

Post by dougal2 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:03 am

based on release 12.

* tidied up update + zoom button area

* removed log window - messages now appear in the statusbar

* squished everything up a little bit (repositioned reset buttons, and selectbox/spin controls on some areas)

* added I/O panel
** Merge an IGI (my merge code is probably wrong though)
** Save as JPG + JPG quality setting
** save as PNG
** save (untonemapped) as IGI - so that you can export your merged IGIs

* updated File menu to reflect new i/o

* reordered panels

I think I'm done for now. I realised I don't really know enough about digital imaging to be messing with much else.
Attachments
violet-dougalpatch2.diff.igs
(27.75 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
violet-dougalpatch2.jpg
violet-dougalpatch2.jpg (90.91 KiB) Viewed 2109 times
Last edited by dougal2 on Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

manitwo

Post by manitwo » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:34 pm

great :D

mrCarnivore

Post by mrCarnivore » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:14 pm

I think the "save as"-buttons and especially the jpeg-quality button are only unncessarilarly using up space. Those things belond into the file menu.

A lot of people are complaining already about too much space used by buttons and sliders...And the save as is in the file menu in every other application so nobody would have to look for them, either.

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:37 pm

mrCarnivore wrote:I think the "save as"-buttons and especially the jpeg-quality button are only unncessarilarly using up space. Those things belond into the file menu.

A lot of people are complaining already about too much space used by buttons and sliders...And the save as is in the file menu in every other application so nobody would have to look for them, either.
I do agree that some of the buttons are not entirely necessary, however the main point of doing this was to include te JPG quality setting, which was not previously available... so seeing as I needed a row for that anyway, I thought I'd go ahead and fill the rest of the row with the other buttons.

If you really don't like it, go ahead and make your own version ;)

mrCarnivore

Post by mrCarnivore » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:01 pm

dougal2 wrote: I do agree that some of the buttons are not entirely necessary, however the main point of doing this was to include te JPG quality setting, which was not previously available... so seeing as I needed a row for that anyway, I thought I'd go ahead and fill the rest of the row with the other buttons.
The optimal position for that would be pop-up menu or new window when saving JPEG...

An alternative (if you are too lazy) would be to at least move the buttons for saving to the bottom of the sliders, since that should be the last thing to click.
dougal2 wrote: If you really don't like it, go ahead and make your own version ;)
Nah, I rather complain about what others do. ;-)

Kosmokrator

Post by Kosmokrator » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:41 am

drag n drom for igi files inside the form please..... :lol: great work ppl keep it up
1)Core i7 965XE stock CLOCK ,PSU:CHIEFTEC 850W
M/B ASUS P6T DELUXE,WATERCOOLING ZALMAN RESERATOR 2
MEMORY:6GB CORRSAIR @1600,Ati HD 4870x2,
MONITOR:LG 1950SQ,CASE:THERMALTAKE SOPRANO

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:12 am

what I thought I'd do then was to move the JPG stuff into a new window, so that the compression quality could be previewed.

I got as far as creating a new window, and displaying the tonemapped image in it.... and then I discover that I can't get the image handler to display a compressed jpg image - the compression is applied when writing to file only.

I _could_ I suppose write a jpg to a temp file, and then load it back in for preview purposes, but this seems a bit wasteful, and would be quite slow for large images.

OR, find another jpg compression library and use that instead.

OR, let someone else do it ;)

7 posts • Page 1 of 1