alt/title on images/links

General discussion about Indigo Materials - material requests, material developement, feedback, etc..
pixie
Indigo 100
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by pixie » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:29 am

did you get the "The GNU GPL does not apply until you attempt to distribute" part?
Yes, it's right after the virgul
the database is already GPLed, the only thing lacking is distributing
You see it doesn't become GPLed the moment you distribute it, it's already GPLed, but you are only enforced to give up the sources if you distribute it.

you're a mac user, right? so you're telling me something about bulding on top of open source software and taking an advantage out of it?
Who tell you that apple doesn't give back? Just picture what an OS that you make would be seen if it was used by Apple as it's foundation.... then you are wrong again because some parts of it are given back, just not the UI interface. And again, it's BSD not GPL it's perfectly fine to do it. I would say that by the very own example you bring in that Apple gives much more to the OS it lays on it's foundation then most if not any other company in the world that uses Open Source.

fused
Developer

Post by fused » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:41 am

omg pixie i was just fooling around with that apple thing... no need to be personally offended... (i think it had enough smilies on it....)

sorry for the misunderstanding :) :roll:

and yes i do know they are giving some things back... just not the ui.

and about that gpl thing again:
the important thing is clear, so why discuss it? its not ditributed, gpl doesnt apply.

pixie
Indigo 100

Post by pixie » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:41 am

Sorry if I sounded harsh, that was not my intention... I just tried to enlighten the issue, nothing against you really, you are entitled to your opinion obviously as so am I ;)

18 posts