Cant open any Light Materials

General discussion about Indigo Materials - material requests, material developement, feedback, etc..
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
MrBlack

Cant open any Light Materials

Post by MrBlack » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:44 pm

Hi.
Im fairly new to Indigo so if im being overly silly please bare with me.

Im trying to download and open materials as so to teach myself about materials and indigo.
However the materials ive been most interested in all dont work.
The light materials all fail to open.
I get this error when i try opening them in Indigo 3:
Material in question: http://www.indigorenderer.com/materials/materials/275
Error code:

Code: Select all

Error: Scene parsing error: start_wavelength must be <= 0.4e-6 m (400 nm). (In element 'regular_tabulated', around line 21, column 21)
Now as i said im new to materials so when i opened the igm in notepad++, i really didnt know what to change the start_wavelength to in order to achieve the effect that the material preview(on the website) showed.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also this material: http://www.indigorenderer.com/materials/materials/224
Simply wont open for me in indigo, i tried extracting it with 7zip and the archive is broken, i redownloaded ibut still no luck is it some sort of demo limitation that pigms cant be opened or what?

CTZn

Re: Cant open any Light Materials

Post by CTZn » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:01 pm

Can you try the fluorescent tube material with a recent Indigo beta ?

It is working for me with Indigo 3.2.5, however tabulated data such as the one this material is using for base emission can not be edited in Indigo yet.

The other material is a broken archive indeed, thank you for the heads up. We have a few like that wich need to be spotted I guess.
obsolete asset

MrBlack

Post by MrBlack » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi thanks for the heads up, i totally didnt realize there was a new version of Indigo, i dont why i thought the program auto-updated(future feature?)

Anyway the file now opens without the weird error, the only issue is it doesnt seem to be emitting any light.
I figured maybe the demo scene was too bright to see the effect, so I made a quick dark scene and tested the material again.

And this is what i got.
Attachments
Light not rendering.png

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:10 am

The mesh plane you are using as emitter is in fact an exit portal. We can see the sky reflecting on the sphere. A geometry with the exit portal tag will ignore any material applied. An exit portal is a "conductor" for the environment used. That is, an exclusive door for the env light, ignoring all obstacles between.

In the other hand it is common for emitting materials to be too weak by default under a sunlight situation, in wich case their base emission (ideally, the emission scale wich should be available from the exporter) must be increased until a satisfying result is produced.

Please state the applications versions that you are using (3d host application, exporter), eventually you will get more specific answers from users for the next points.
obsolete asset

india

Post by india » Tue May 08, 2012 4:11 am

speaking of broke. it seems all the light materials are broken(from site database). at least with me. i get nothing but errors trying o use them... cinema4d or standalone. when i start the render. "unhandled format" errors

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Tue May 08, 2012 4:48 am

india wrote:speaking of broke. it seems all the light materials are broken(from site database). at least with me. i get nothing but errors trying o use them... cinema4d or standalone. when i start the render. "unhandled format" errors
First check that you use the latest Cindigo version: http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 10&t=11571

If you have issues, always try to upgrade your software FIRST, there is a good chance that the bug or problem you spotted was taken care of ;)

(To get that material working you'll need to use "Use emission Scale" with flux at a value of 10k as a starting point)
polygonmanufaktur.de

india

Post by india » Tue May 08, 2012 6:30 am

Zom-B wrote:
india wrote:speaking of broke. it seems all the light materials are broken(from site database). at least with me. i get nothing but errors trying o use them... cinema4d or standalone. when i start the render. "unhandled format" errors
First check that you use the latest Cindigo version: http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 10&t=11571

If you have issues, always try to upgrade your software FIRST, there is a good chance that the bug or problem you spotted was taken care of ;)

(To get that material working you'll need to use "Use emission Scale" with flux at a value of 10k as a starting point)

yes its all up to date. cant try your other suggestion because it get that error before i do anything. mind you, this is just the light materiel from the site. the other materials work fine :)

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Tue May 08, 2012 6:37 am

I imported the material into a empty scene and it worked without any problems.
Importing material via PlugIn menu btw, "unhandled format" sounds like you open it in C4D right away... don't do so!
polygonmanufaktur.de

india

Post by india » Tue May 08, 2012 7:29 am

Zom-B wrote:I imported the material into a empty scene and it worked without any problems.
Importing material via PlugIn menu btw, "unhandled format" sounds like you open it in C4D right away... don't do so!

hmmm.. what i did was create a Indigo material. turn on the emission channel and added the light mater to it from the browse button.. wrong way?....

edited: ok i did it ur way and it worked :)

9 posts • Page 1 of 1